Super Contributor

My husband's best friend Cooper died today

Cooper Dog died today in my husband's arms.  Darling husband is heartbroken, as that dog was his constant companion and best friend.  Nothing I can say or do can make this better, although I'm trying.  Cooper was a lab/pitbull mix and was really the best dog in the world

Respected Contributor

Re: My husband's best friend Cooper died today

I'm so sorry for your loss.  My dog passed away 8 months ago and I still miss her every day.  I'm sending hugs your way.  Take care.  Heart

Honored Contributor

There truly is nothing you can say that will make the pain any less.  All you can do is be there to listen, when he wants to talk about it.

Time will help, as will all the cherished memories.  That day will come, but it won't be soon.  Just try to remember all the good things and the love that Cooper brought into both of your lives.  Heart 

Respected Contributor

I am so sorry for the loss of Cooper. Dogs are such wonderful friends.

Trusted Contributor

I'm so very sorry for your loss.  I know that is a painful heartbreak.

Esteemed Contributor

I’m so sorry @Helen Bach My heart breaks for you and your husband, hugs to both of you. Rest In Peace Cooper.

Trusted Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss. We lost our beloved Zeke on Feb.2 and I miss him every day. Just give yourself and your husband time to grieve. It is a process. We got a puppy last month and that has helped somewhat. But I still miss my other furry son.💕

Esteemed Contributor

You're right, nothing said or done can make it better. But the constancy of your love and presence means the world to him at a time like this.

Our family is sorry for the loss of your beloved Cooper. It hurts so much when you love so much. Cooper knew he was a cherished dog.

Godspeed, dear Cooper, Heaven's newest angel!

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

So sorry to hear about your loss.  As others have said, it never gets easy.  I lost one in 2019 and one in 2020 and we are just able to talk about them without crying.  The pain is awful.  It will get easier but it will take time.  Hugs to you both.

Respected Contributor

@Helen Bach  Your post has touched my heart. I am praying for strength for you and yours.