Trusted Contributor
My 80 year old mother has to put her fur baby to sleep today. It was so sudden there is no time to process or say goodbye properly. We've only had her for 2 years. She was such a sweet girl. Always cuddling. Hence her name Sweet Pea. I feel so helpless since I do live close by. RIP SWEET PEA. I LOVE YOU. Safe travels over the bridge.
Trusted Contributor
Sorry crying. I don't live close by. 1500 miles sway
Honored Contributor

((((nycgirl)))

My heart breaks for you.

Respected Contributor

I am sorry for the loss of your Moms' beloved family member. Makes it even harder when it happens quickly and also with your Mom being older also. Bless her heart.

Valued Contributor

Tears came to my eyes when I read your post. So sorry for the loss of Sweet Pea. Heart

Honored Contributor

Sweet Pea,

Respected Contributor

your mother can surely use your support right now so good you are nearby.  there is nothing like the emptiness and void that is left at such a time  - waiting for the little one to jump up in the lap, waking up to feed them,  the warmth of the cuddle.......it takes time to mend that hole.  having someone caring to empathize is just the ticket.

Respected Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

your mother can surely use your support right now so good you are nearby.  there is nothing like the emptiness and void that is left at such a time  - waiting for the little one to jump up in the lap, waking up to feed them,  the warmth of the cuddle.......it takes time to mend that hole.  having someone caring to empathize is just the ticket.

oh sorry -   i thought you were close by.  phone calls are good.  enlisting your mother's friends to stop by is good.  a good cry - on the phone together -  is good.   just her knowing that she isn't really as alone as she feels right now is the goal.  are you planning to visit some time soon -  good time to set a date.  anticipation of same is a wonderful thing.

Respected Contributor

I'm sure Sweet Pea brought such comfort to your 80 year old mother.  Tell her we are all so sorry for her loss. 

Trusted Contributor
Thank you everyone. It's so sad. When we adopted her she was scheduled to be euthanized. Someone dumped her at the ASPCA. I found her online and my mother went and got her after the loss of her Princess. When my mother comes to stay so did the cat. They were here for the last 2 winters. Now I don't know how my mother will be since she said no more. She thinks she's too old.i don't want her to feel alone. I can't leave right now due to work obligations. I offered to get her a ticket to come stay with me for a while but she said it's too soon. I feel so helpless. I loved that little girl as much as my mother did. We just didn't have her long enough. She was taken way too soon.