Respected Contributor

My foster dog goes to his forever home tomorrow.

Tomorrow will be a very happy day but I'm so sad to see him go. This sweet boy has been with me for a month and  he will be missed. He was running in my neighborhood and started hanging around. We finally caught him just as neighbors had called the pound. He has blended so well with my dogs and cats. He and my  newest rescue dog play,tumble,chase each other,and sleep in the same big dog bed. But his new family is going  to spoil him rotten and tAke him everywhere. He will be loved so much!They saw him on the Humane Society adoption page and fell in love.  This is my first foster dog to leave and it is just so hard. I know some of you are pet foster moms and you know the bittersweet feelings I am having tonight.🐶🐕🐶🐕

Trusted Contributor

Re: My foster dog goes to his forever home tomorrow.

I have fostered over 100 dogs over the last 12 years.  It's so gratifying when you find a wonderful home for such deserving creatures.  In fact, just tonight an adoptive family sent me a photo of one of my former fosters dressed up for Halloween.

Honored Contributor

Birkinbaby, I know just how you feel.  I've fostered many dogs through the years.  I don't do it anymore though.  It was very gratifying to find a wonderful home for the dog, but it was always hard to let them go.  I always loved when the new homes kept in touch.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I salute you all for fostering pets.  It must be rewarding to find them new homes, yet heartbreaking to see your 'kids' leave. Smiley Sad  Bless you all.

Denise
Respected Contributor

Thank you for the supportive words. I just look at him and tears fall. Happy and sad all at once.... I don't know how y'all do it over and over. But thank goodness you do. 

Trusted Contributor

I would end up keeping them all.  My heart is a softie for dogs.  I've loved and lost waay too many of them.  I admire those of you who can keep them, then send them to their permanent home, you guys are heroes.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a permanent foster that has a chronic autoimmune disease.  She just had a relapse.  I took her to the vet 4 times last week and she ended up at the VCA Speciality Referral Hospital Friday night.  She's better today and home but is mad and not "speaking" to me tonight.

I love this dog to death but wish she could run and play and enjoy her life.  She was rescued from a hoarding situation last year in September near Houston.  There were 140 purebred collides seized in a bankruptcy case.

She's super sweet, friendly, and kind, everything a collie should be.  Shell be my foster for as long as she lives which I hope will be a long time.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@birkin baby

God bless you.  I could never do it.  I'd need a farm.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624

I hope your dog feels better soon.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

birkinbaby, I can't imagine how sad that must be for you.  How wonderful that you opened your home and heart to this little one......and now must let him go.  I can see how you could very easily and quickly grow attched.  It takes a special kind of person to be a foster mom!