Honored Contributor

Re: My dog Hunter was put asleep today

@Libra2

It is easy to tell how much you and Jenny love Hunter.  I am glad you gave her a chance to be with him afterwards, we always bring our animals home too so their buddies can say goodbye, and understand that they are gone.

Wish there were words I could use to make the pain of this loss less, but it is a pain that only living through can lesson.  Be gentle with yourself and Jenny, and know that Hunter loves you and is grateful for this last, hardest gift you were able to give him.

I hope that soon the joy of the love you share, and the happy memories will out weigh the pain of loss.  Heart

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

I'm so sorry for the loss of your doggie, Hunter.  Give Jenny a loving hug from me.  It's so heartbreaking to have to say goodbye to our fur babies.  You and Jenny are in my thoughts and prayers that over time your sadness will ease.

Respected Contributor

@Libra2 Prayers being sent. I am so sorry for your and Jenny'sloss...a lot of us have been there too many times.

Hunter is now out of pain, and he'll be waiting for both of you when it's time!

Honored Contributor

@Libra2  This is such a sad story and especially with Jenny crying for her buddy.  OMG!   I am so sorry for your loss.  Hopefully, you will be able to find a new puppy for Jenny.  My best to all of you.  Cat HappyHeart

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Libra2

Your uncomditional and courageous love for Hunter shines through your broken-hearted post.  You gave your boy true freedom--freedom from pain forever. 

And, hard as it may seem right now, you and Jenny have not lost him--even though he's taken flight to a place among the angels, he can never truly travel past your orbit because he lives, as he always has, in your heart.

Godpeed, beloved Hunter! You lit up your Mom's life forever!

Regular Contributor

so very sorry for your great loss as well as Jenny's.  Our babies definitely grieve when one of them crosses that bridge.  Mine usually stopped eating for a few days and were very quiet. I cried and so did they.  It took all of us as long as it took to become functional again.  In my mind the grief never leaves, just becomes less excruciating

Respected Contributor

I'm so sorry for your loss and the grief you and Jenny are feeling.  I hope you will find comfort knowing what a loving home you gave him for so many years.  Take care.  Heart

Hi.  So sorry for your loss.  I know what  you experienced from my own journey.  The pain will lessen and hopefully you'll want another dog to love.  Shelter babes are especially loving.  Jenny will be a little lost for a while, but you've got each other.

Sincerely

Esteemed Contributor

@Libra2, I am so sorry and am keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.  It is always a difficult time.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

Tough stuff...I feel for you.  Something inevitable we've got to face.  Thankful for the wonderful life you both shared.  Give yourself time in grieving.   Sorry!!