Re: My dog Hunter was put asleep today

@Libra2

I can tell how much Hunter was loved while here with you - 

may you and Jenny comfort each other - sending you healing hugs

💚🧡💙💜❤️

Trusted Contributor

@Libra2

My heart goes out to you & Jenny as you feel the loss of Hunter.  At least Hunter is not in pain now & is being comforted by all his "pet friends" at the bridge after they greeted him.

I'm sure you have great memories of Hunter that will be with you forever.  Perhaps in the future, you'll consider adopting another sister/brother for Jenny.  It all takes time.  Sending prayers to you both.  

Respected Contributor

So sorry, Sounds like you gave Hunter great love and a great home. Hugs for you and Jenny.
Animal lovers feel your pain.
Contributor

Tears flow as I read your post.  As with most all on this forum know the pain and sorrow of saying good bye to a beloved pet I send my heartfelt sympathy to you and Jenny. 

Rest in peace Hunter!Heart

Contributor

I would love to thank everyone for your thoughts and prayers for Hunter, Jenny and me.

I also have a shelter cat, 10 years old named Amber. She is a Maine Coon cat. It has been 1 week without Hunter. Amber our cat, used to tease Hunter and he had a certain bark just for her to get lost.

Well now in the last week, Amber lies on my tummy purring so loud every evening and she also goes over to Jenny and will rub  against her face and neck. Jenny just lets her do this and I think that Amber is trying to comfort us.

It has been very hard for me this past week, but after reading your posts today, I feel so much better. Work also helps each day.

Also, thank you for sharing the losses of your own pets that have passed. I felt your pain while reading your posts.

Your Friend,

Libra2

Marie

Trusted Contributor

Oh No!!

I am sorry to hear this news.  Please stay strong.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Valued Contributor

My heart goes out to you.  I pray you find comfort and peace during this extremely difficult time and know you did the right thing.  

Super Contributor

I am in the same boat..my cat passed this week..17 years old...prayers are with you, we have done all we can..now we just get thru it

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Libra2  Your loving words about Hunter, Jenny, Amber and you tell me how much you love these wonderful creatures..... beautiful love in your home....Jenny, Amber and you will help each other get through Hunter's loss....just remember, he is happy again and frolicking in the grass over that rainbow bridge!  My love to your family!

Super Contributor

@Libra2: I'm so sorry for your loss. Pets left paw prints in our hearts. My Shih Tzu, Fluffy, passed away a month ago; it was not a good Christmas for me and my hubby. I'm still grieving his passing. He died of cancer at 13.

My kitty, Garfield, mourned him for days. He and Fluffy were great friends.

My consolation will be to see Fluffy, in my dreams, healthy and happy.