Super Contributor

Re: My dog Hunter was put asleep today

[ Edited ]

@Libra2 I know the heartache of saying goodbye to a beloved pet.  I hope you will find a way to move through your grief and remember the joy. I believe they are always nearby.

My beautiful Jasper, a seal point Himalayan, was with me for 20 years and was sick for a year before he died.  I did everything I could to make him more comfortable during his illness, and one morning, he let me know it was time to let him go.  Like you, I held him in my arms as he took his last breath, then I sobbed for hours.  I was devastated.

My son lived out of state at the time and had flowers delivered to me in sympathy.  They were wrapped with a yellow ribbon.  I took the yellow ribbon and tied it around the driver's assist handle in my car.  It's still there, all the years.  Surprisingly, the soft yellow color has never faded.  Sometimes when I'm sitting at a stoplight or in traffic,  I stroke the ribbon and it's softness reminds me of Jasper's long, silky hair. I feel like he's there with me and I smile and tell him hello and that  I love him.   The yellow ribbon has helped me identify my parked car in a parking lot numerous times, too.  So, he still calms and soothes me and brings me joy. Thank you, sweet Jasper!

Know that my prayers are with you and Jenny. 

Respected Contributor

Prayers going up for you and Jenny and your beloved Hunter.  It's hard when they get sick. The time together is never long enough. You knew when to say goodbye and Hunter is thanking you for the selfless act that let him go in peace.  Take solace in each other over the coming days and remember Hunter with love.

Honored Contributor

@Libra2 I'm so sorry for your loss. I've been through it so I know💔

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

Marie,

I am so very sorry for your loss.  It's very difficult to lose a loving part of your family.  I started praying as soon as I started reading.  Please accept my sympathy and know that Hunter is looking down on you and will always be in your heart.  God bless.

Respected Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss.  We had to do it about a week ago with our dog, Rusty.

Know that you have given Hunter the greatest gift of love.  It is so hard to make the decision to let them cross the Rainbow Bridge.

He is with all our other friends across the Bridge.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry to hear about your precious dog Hunter.  I know how heartbreaking it is to lose a beloved pet who is a family member.  Sending hugs & prayers your way. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Libra2   So sorry for the loss of sweet Hunter.  Your story has me in tears. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Honored Contributor

@Libra2We need to hold hands.  

Our beautiful American Bull Dog of 14 1/2 years that our boys grew up with lost his life to prostrate cancer.  He would "talk" to us and everyone adored him.  He was the champian of the neighboor hood.  

It broke my heart to have him put down.  It took two shots his hearty was so healthy.  It killed me more.

We got a beautiful pup of the same breed to love.  We allowed him to run like the wind and he loved to be held 90% of the time.  The vet and staff loved him.  Taupe with celery green eyes, still, his personality was more beautiful.  All he wanted to do was LOVE AND BE HELD.

We lost him at the same time we lost the first.  A cancerous growth on his spine with roots that were too numerous to handle claimed his life.

I am so sorry for your loss and wish I could give you that shoulder to cry on forever.

Image result for small heart images

Valued Contributor

So sorry for the loss of Hunter. My heart goes out to you. 

Esteemed Contributor

I am so, so sorry................!

friend.jpg