Respected Contributor

My thoughts on this.  Stop looking. Take a break.  Bond with Cambridge for the winter.  You have been on a fruitless journey that is making you sadder every day about your loss like salt in a wound rather than letting your heart hurt and heal from your beloved Spirit's passing.  I DO understand the void a loss like yours has on your life.  I really do. 

Consider this...... Perhaps the puppy destined for you Has Not Yet Been Born. 

May you and Cambridge take comfort from each other while you await the the time for a new little soul in your lives. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@goldensrbest.  How about a baby collie?  This pup belongs to my friend and will be 4 years old in December.  He turned into a gorgeous dog.  His name is Myst.

20201128_212238.jpg

Well, that sure is one pretty puppy.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  That is very close to the color of the mini aussie, tri color ,i was thinking of,like that color.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest.  My current mini Aussie is a black tri, as was my collie avatar, Jett.  I also had two standard black tri Aussies.  I've become very fond of the color.  However, I think a red merle Aussie with blue eyes is my favorite.  They command BIG BUCKS.

Isn't he cute though?  His breeder, a vet, took the picture.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  If you would answer a few questions,  i read collies live on averge 12- 14 yrs. ,what  are some of the health problems they have ,what age ,and what did your pretty collie die of?Why did you not get another one ?

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest.  The only common problem collies have is an eye anomaly caused by AKC judges insisting they have small, almond shaped eyes.  Most breeders take this with a grain of salt and hope for the best in the show ring.  All ethical breeders have their pups eyes examined by a canine ophthalmologist when they're very young to determine if the anomaly exists.  They should have a certificate.

As in other large dogs, hip dysplasia is possible but I haven't heard of any cases.  Also cancer is uncommon.  I had a pretty female collie die of "old dog disease" which neither I nor my friends had heard of.  My avatar dog died of a combination of old age factors at age 13.  I also had a rescue female smooth collie die of a suddenly acquired autoimmune disease right after she was spayed.  She was an older dog that had had umpteen litters of pups.  She came from a hoarder where 150 purebred collies were seized.  My saddest dog experience.  Overall, collies seem to have few health problems.

They do require a good weekly brushing.  I loved that smoothie because I could brush her in 30 seconds.  I always treated mine to an occasional professional grooming.

I decided I could no longer handle a big dog when I nearly killed myself trying to get the female collie in my SUV for her last trip to the vet.  I have a chronic back problem and just can't lift them.  Of course there was nobody around in the neighborhood that day.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment