Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest  Goldens are your breed, you speak so lovely about them.

I would continue to search for the breed that your truly love.

I just don't want you to be disappointed with something else. This Aussie

breed may be too much to handle.

Honored Contributor

I have searched high and low,for a golden,rescue is extremely difficult, not many good golden breeders up here in new england are breeding ,because of this virus, there are list for 2 yrs, in several cases, so just thinking this out.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest  I am in a similar situation. The right dog just is not coming into my life. All my dogs ...when they were right ...the stars aligned....cam easily and were the perfect fit. I guess I just need to wait for the perfect time.  I would love a golden too. 

Have you considered adopting an older dog....they may only have Two or three years left....but, you can give then a wonder end of life years....and the commitment is not as long. This might not work for everyone.....but it is a needed adoption plan for the right family.  I am looking into this as we speak...a local outfit that adopts  out older dogs. ❤️

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest 

I'm going through the same thing. I can buy  a little Maltie, but trying to adop one or anything for that matter is not working out for me.

I'm beginning to think a lot of these rescues are fronts for breeders. 

But,I know now, that if I do get anything it will ONLY be a Maltie~

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden  I can not adopt a older dog, you know how hard it is to adopt, no matter what age, and i just don't want to go through losing a dog ,this soon ,losing spirit has just been extremely difficult, i need a puppy to  to give myself ,and cambridge some  excitement, she is 9 yrs old misses spirit also, they played together, i contacted her breeder last week ,to find out about her parents, both died at age 10,and 11, so  got me to really thinking, it isn't that i am attached to this pup ,never met it ,but it is very cute, but i just don't know.

Valued Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

If you know you want a golden, hold out for one.

If I got another cat no question but that it would be a Siamese.  Sometimes you just want what you want and that's ok! 

@Sooner  you are right!

I am waiting for a golden, too.  It was my first dog in 1988 and I've had two other dogs since but there is nothing like a golden!  And my BFF is a vet assistant all of her life and she told me the same thing - wait for what you want.  I've looked into rescues too but around here, everyone wants a golden.  I'll probably get a puppy in the spring if something doesn't materialize before then.  

Honored Contributor

Thanks every one, i decided to wait, see what happens, like i have said, my heart is with goldens,it would not be fair to another breed,at this point,maybe later on.

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@SeaMaiden  I can not adopt a older dog, you know how hard it is to adopt, no matter what age, and i just don't want to go through losing a dog ,this soon

I agree about adopting an older animal. My family adopted a 16-year-old Himalayan cat (shortly after we lost our beloved BooBoo at age 14) and we know she won't be with us for a long time (she's 18 now).

It's satisfying to know you're giving an older animal a wonderful quality of life as the end draws near, but I know it's going to break my heart when it's Missy's turn. She's a sweet, wonderful little lady and I know she didn't have any easy life before she came to us.

So I'm glad we can make her final years happy and comfortable, but I won't adopt an older animal again. For one thing, we're in our 70's now and anyway, it just takes too much out of me to lose a much loved pet.

Since I don't plan to adopt again, I'm making donations to local animal shelters/rescues so we can help out finacially.

Valued Contributor

There's a reason it is not easy to get a Golden.  So many people want them because while they might not live as long as some other breeds, the qualithy of the time we spend with them is magical. 

It is worth the wait, and one might come to you sooner than you think.  I bet once the pandemic dies down some, breeders will get going again.  You know what you want.  I don't think you will be content with another breed.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest.  How about a baby collie?  This pup belongs to my friend and will be 4 years old in December.  He turned into a gorgeous dog.  His name is Myst.

20201128_212238.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment