Contributor

Re: My dear, old kitty had to be euthanized this morning.

Orange tabbies are the BEST.  My Gandy passed away last year at age 19 yrs.  I miss him so much and keep looking for another orange tabby.

I know your heart is broken.  Mine still is but we will see them again. 

Respected Contributor

Thank you all so much for your kind comments.  He certainly was part of the family.  I feel like there's a hole in my heart.  💔

Respected Contributor

my heart goes out to you. 

these are the hardest moments, indeed. no way around it.  gratefully the pain you feel comes from all the love you shared over so many years,  Tigger was one lucky kitty to end up with you, for sure.

Tigger is at peace. i hope you will find your own in due course.

Regular Contributor

So very sorry for your loss. He was a beautiful baby. I know how hard this must be for you. I've been through this several times. It's never easy to part with your little friend. I have a soon to be 18 yr old cat named Chance & I don't know how much longer I will have him. My heart breaks for you. Prayers to you and your family. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@this is my nic I’m sorry for the loss of your Tigger but I know how you are feeling. It’s never easy.

We are facing the same situation with Grayson who will soon join Tigger I’m sure.

God bless our little pets because we’ve been equally blessed.

00BBF513-7D1E-4914-9BF2-29EE6AC11542.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss, but it appears that Tigger made a good choice by first selecting your daughter's home and then moving into yours.  I am sure that he enjoyed every day with you.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

My heart goes out to you.  Unfortunately no words can stop the pain.  But, Tigger is looking over you and loving you, grateful for your sacrificing and accepting the heartache that comes when we have to say good-bye, for now, so he can now blissfully wonder free until you're together again. 

Honored Contributor

@this is my nic   So so sorry for your loss of sweet Tigger... It is just never ever easy or something to get over quickly.  They so become a part of our life.... our days... 

Sometimes those pets who come unexpected into our lives are THE BEST...

may I share a story with you about a cat we named Smokey named thus   because when we picked him up his fur smelled like smoke and he was a lovely grey color... 

He was this big gray male cat that we found sleeping  in our outside garage many years ago if we left the garage  door open a crack... over time we left the door open FOR HIM.... he was a outside kitty... a stray... and over time as we started to feed him... and he took a liking to us!

Smokey would occasionally come inside our house and visit ... eat something  have a nap...... but ALWAYS LEAVE AT NIGHT.  He wanted to sleep in the garage!  We made a nice bed for him  there and that was his home at night....

A year later that cat moved with us to our now present home... and be came the BEST CAT WE EVER HAD. We had two other cats as well and they all got along.

Smokey was sweet, nice, funny and so full of love for being a stray! 

A few years after having him in our lives  he became sick... and with testing we found out he had Cat Aids.... a form of leukemia in cats.    Now  we know it can be tested for  and there is a vaccine for it too.....LESSON LEARNED....  THAT any strays that you take in your home' you should test them for this right away as to not infect your other cats... 

We had two other cats at the time  we adopted Smokey.... one never came down with the aids.. but one did.  So we lost both Smokey and my other kitty Pebbles one after the other.  Smiley Sad

I guess what all this was written for is that Stray kitties can become the best pets ever when they choose us to be their owners.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@this is my nic

All of our hearts are breaking along with yours.  

Your sweet boy looks just like my beloved Cooper (gone almost 2 years now).  Oh, how I loved that beautiful cat!

We laughed and said he was a dog in a cat suit....such a good natured, happy, goofy boy....I miss him every day.

Your Tigger had a good long life...it is never enough for us, but how lucky you got to share so many years with him! 

Honored Contributor

Deepest sympathies on your loss of Tigger.  What a sweetheart.  It's so hard to lose these helpless, lovable creatures-- thank goodness he had you, making his life great, for most of his long life.