Respected Contributor

Re: My cats favorite pet food was discontinued!

Hi ibb!

I'm late to the party....don't know if you'll come back to this thread.

Tonight was the 1st time I checked out the Pet Forum since all of the board changes, & was so surprised to see your post!

I too have a male cat prone to UTIs, & Firskies Special Diet (pate only) is what he's eaten for years now. I was shocked when they discontinued it. I loaded up the best I could, and am dreading the day it's all gone. What to do? Don't want to go back to the vet prescribed $$$ food, which he didn't even like.

Thanks for suggesting Trader Joe's...I only wish it was priced similarly. TYVM!

Muddling through...
Esteemed Contributor

Re: My cats favorite pet food was discontinued!

[ Edited ]

At  least Ttader Joes isn't a vet prescribed food- they're so pricey.  By me, TJ's is about 25 cents a can more than special diet. . And the vet doesn't always have what you need.

If you have a Wegmans or A&P  nearby- they each have their store brand of special deit. Only one flavor though. I stocked up on Wegmans and I'm mixing special diet with theirs. My cats are content! I, too, bought every can of special diet I could find!! 

Check out the amazon prices for special diet for a good laugh! That good old 'supply and demand' kicked right in, finding it for $1 a can is a deal right now!