Honored Contributor

😺 My cat's new "safty/stress" spot 😸

As storms approach my cat always stays in his room & only comes out to use the litter box till the storms passes by.  We are expecting a light snow storm tomorrow night.

Well, this evening I checked his room & could not find him.  I was concerned because I haven't heard his bell all day.

I grabbed my flashlight & checked around "my space" ie.

underneath my couch behind my dishwasher behind my entertainment center (which he knows is a NO_NO). 

inside my cabinets

Finally, I called out his name which he knows & comes running.  I heard his bell but no Killa.  So I went to the bell sound & found him....

Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at Mon, Jan 15, 2018-7.16.38 PM.png

This is the first time in 11 yrs he has used anything in "my space" as his "safty/stress net." Smiley Surprised

I finally remembered I didn't spray his room w/Feleway this year/month.  Off to spray! Smiley Very Happy

In the meantime, I placed his bed in front of my printer stand.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: 😺 My cat's new "safty/stress" spot 😸

How sweet.  My girl cat used to know how to hide.

Honored Contributor

Killa is a pretty kitty (hope I spelled it correctly). My Bubba gets under the covers and stays there. Killa needs to do a better job of hiding.🐈

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac  Killa is one hunk of a cat.  Were you playing any music?  Maybe Killa just wanted to chill. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

So cute! Heart

I need one of those safety/stress places!

Count your blessings that “sweety” comes out to use the litter box!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

What a cutie.  He looks quite calm and mellow in there, especially for a "Killa".

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@OKPrincess

In Killa's room there is a cardboard box, grocery paper bag & plastic bag which are his "storm dens."

There is really no place to hide in "my space."  20 minutes ago, he  slinked into his room.

@Bird mama

He's a 20 pounder.

The printer stand is actually near a heater.  I believe he wanted to be near heat plus the fact the Feleway had worn off from last year.  My DOT was tuned to a radio station & music does eases his stress somewhat.  So I put a spare heater in his room to toast it up as well as a radio.  He slinked into his room 20 minutes ago.  He is now curled up in a deep sleep. 

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

What a cutie.  He looks quite calm and mellow in there, especially for a "Killa".

He's a highly aggressive Russian Blue tux (feral).  When he's stressed it's the only time I can get near him w/o looking like I've been through a shredder and/or my arms full of puncture wounds.  Otherwise, I use a huge fishing net to calm him down.  It's what the vet uses when he's examined. Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

My cat Bill isn't afraid of anything or anyone.  However, his supposedly sister is afraid of everything, especially humans and more specifically me.  She will lay next to me if I'm lying on my bed...other than that I've never been able to get near her.

My family has never seen her!  I've had them both for at least 4 or so years and it's always been the same.  Supposedly, no one ever hurt her.  I've tried the Feel away (sp) you name it.  Any loud noises, she's gone.  Bad weather, I won't see her for a day or so.  I've given up trying to figure it out.  My friend who works for my vet says "it's just her (Katie).  She's so cute.  She worships her brother (Bill) and snuggles with him any chance she gets.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 Bless Katie's heart to be so scared of other people. Did you adopt Katie and Bill as babies? My good friend got her kitty many years ago and I've only seen a glimpse her as she darted out of the room. Some cats are like that.