Honored Contributor

Re: 😺 My cat's new "safty/stress" spot 😸

I've always had a cat from a little girl and never understood why feral cats don't come around. I'm sure that breaks your heart.  

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess I adopted them both at the same time.  They look totally different and I am pretty sure they are not brother and sister.

They were probably 1 or 2 years old.  I went to Pet Smart where they were having 'pet adoption day'.  My friend took me there (the Vet's nurse) when my cat (Jack) died suddenly.  I was depressed at missing him and she said, "Get in the car".  The rest is history!  Ha!

Bill is amazing!  Everyone loves Bill.  Even people who normally can't stand cats love Bill.  People will say, "He's more like a dog".  He gives me so much love it's weird.  He loves to sit right under my chin.  Katie gets jealous and he puts up with her snuggling most of the time.  He's super smart and you can talk to him the way people talk to dogs (as far as what you want him to do).

I think when she was found as a kitten she was out during a storm and never recovered.  Everyone says, "She's lucky she has you because no one else would have her".  I'm glad she has me too.  I think every cat owner accepts they LET us take care of them....Ha!

I don't know what she or I would do if something happened to Bill.  He's had a few scares.  I had to have him zapped with this thyroid and his pancreas has been inflamed several times (scared all of us very badly).  I'll spend any money just to make him well.  I know most pet owners feel the same way.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 well they are lucky to have you as their mommy. 

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

I've always had a cat from a little girl and never understood why feral cats don't come around. I'm sure that breaks your heart.  

@OKPrincess

It did when he was a kitten.  He's the meanest cat I've ever owned.  I got him from a shelter who did not inform me he is a feral.  I learned this from the vet.  From what the vet gathered, his mother nor him has ever been around humans.  He was 3 months old when I got him.

Vet did warn me his behavior won't change but w/repetition his behavior towards me will change for the better w/help.  This is where the Felaway comes into play which the vet strongly recommended.  I had to start out w/the plug ins first.  After about 3 months is when I started using the spray.

I was ready to take him back to the shelter.  I had beautiful plants in one section of my house, my personal jungle.  Killa used my plants as his personal jungle gym.  He literally jumped & swung from one plant to another destroying my jungle.  Never had plants again in my house. icon_exclaim.gif

Then the Feleway kicked in & worked its magic.  Too late for my plants. icon_exclaim.gif

Now I'm use to it as I can now read all his attack signals.  I can somehow sense it just like he senses storms.

Through the years, we have made peace w/each other.  He stays in his room & I stay in mine.

He has always been very smart & easy to train (his saving grace).  He knows his name, will come running when called, never an issue using litter box.  And as you can tell from the pic, loves to eat.  He is not finicky when it comes to food.  Probably eat me if I let him.  Cats are carnivores.

Now if I can just stop him from "attacking" my house guests.... peep.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I liked to perch on a cozy bookshelf, too!    Kitty the Phantom 

≈^••^≈

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

He’s a beauty! Everyone needs a safety zone. Smiley Happy

I’ll bet the bell drives him crazy though. The first thing I do with a new cat collar is remove the bell.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac  When I was a teenager, I knew a girl who had two Siamese cats.  Jade and Jewel - I will never forgot their names.  I went to her house and happened to see the cats across the room.  I didn't think I was staring, I thought I was just looking when I said, wow, such exquisite eyes they have.  And that's when one of them got up and ran straight for me.   It happened so fast I can't tell you if it was Jade or Jewel - the cat was trying to take my face off, rofl.

We had a Siamese that was gentle so I have no idea what in the he-- was wrong with Aline's cats.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Mimi 1883

My first cat had no bell until one day I came home from work to find my cat greeting me at the front door w/a bloody dying dove in its mouth.  Then he dropped it at my feet.  I nearly faint.gif

Then I noticed all these feathers at the cracked patio door & all over my patio.  More dead doves. faint.gifagain!

Here's the kicker.....I lived on the 17th floor!  I was beside myself.  I called maintenance & they cleaned up the mess.  throwing-up.gif Maintenance got a good tip from me that day.

From then on ALL of my cats have had bells.  It it drives them crazy so be it.  No more dead or dying birds for me maintenance to clean up.

@Bird mama

I have always heard you should never stare or look into the eyes of a cat for too long.  Invitation for a fight.

Having a cat that attacks strangers/guests is embarrassing.  I either have to cage my cat or throw him into his room & close the door until attack mode subsides.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac  Wow, that's kind of impressive if you think about it.  Cat wanted the birds so bad it broke the patio door. 

Related image

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

haha.gif

@Bird mama  I'm stealing borrowing that Lucy gif.

Oops.gifI should have said, my patio door was cracked opened.