Respected Contributor

My cat loves to lick anything plastic like our laundry baskets.  This morning I found her rolling around on some plastic packaging that was on our kitchen table.  Weird.

Respected Contributor

All my cats do that.  I don't understand why either.  Maybe someone here can tell us.  Mine like to lay on magazines and any kind of paper.

Honored Contributor

Re: My cat loves plastic

[ Edited ]

My cat sleeps in and/or on, plays & kneads plastic bags.  I think it's the crinkly noise plastic makes that attracts some cats.

Right now my cat is cat napping inside a Shoprite plastic grocery bag which he pushed upside the front door.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Contributor

I had a cat who loved to gnaw on the plastic cases from VHS tapes. Blockbuster got a few returns with teeth marks on them. 

Valued Contributor

We had a cat a few years ago that loved plastic bags.  She got her head in one once (It was a liner from a waste basket that she was able to pull out)  It got stuck and she went tearing through the house scared to death with the bag over her head.  Thank goodness I was home at the time (I had a difficult time catching her and removing it without getting too clawed up) 🙁 

Needless to say, we went for years where we didn’t use plastic bags in the house.  (She lived to the ripe old age of 17) 

Honored Contributor

I use my plastic bags for when I scoop the litter box.  I always put them up immediately because I don't want my cat Henry in them.  I'm afraid it could suffocate him.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My cat loves plastic

[ Edited ]

@luvmybeetle 

I think it's the crinkle factor.

I never let my boys have plastic bags because I read they might get their heads stuck in them or the handles tangled around their neck.

As to licking anything plastic, I have no experience with that.