Honored Contributor

@jlkz oh that is beautiful and sad.I guess Toby loved you guys and felt he needed to see you one last time.

Honored Contributor

We just got back from our evening walk where we encountered a man walking a massive shaggy grey dog.That dog looked wild and so I asked him what the breed was...Yikes it was a timber wolf.I could never feel safe with a pet wolf in my home as I felt the wildness of that animal and the eyes were not loving. The 

Respected Contributor

@dex

Over the 6+ years, Toby, a golden retriever,would come over to our yard and I would brush him with the two hand brushes, talk to him, and give him a big hug to send him on his way.  Looked forward to those mountain weekends !

As the saying goes, he left paw prints on our hearts....every time I see those paw prints in the cement, I just smile........

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Trusted Contributor

@dex wrote:

We just got back from our evening walk where we encountered a man walking a massive shaggy grey dog.That dog looked wild and so I asked him what the breed was...Yikes it was a timber wolf.I could never feel safe with a pet wolf in my home as I felt the wildness of that animal and the eyes were not loving. The 

wow! Is it even legal to keep a wild animal like that as a pet? I would feel the same way you do--menaced.

Honored Contributor

@FuzzyFace@I didn’t ask the man too many questions as I had a concern that should his wolf get the feeling I was not welcome,that man could not hold him back.I don’t know if it is legal or not but I am visiting in a small community in Canada so maybe it’s ok here.

Trusted Contributor

whatnow. what an experince! you were right to be concernced that the dog might attack you if he felt you weren't welcome, and I'm glad you got out of there as fast as you safely could. Whew!