Valued Contributor

My cat is not afraid of storms. I have had 3 cats, and all but the one I have now have been terrified of storms.  One night last week, we had terrible severe weather. Wind, rain, hail, thunder, lightening and tornadoes. My cat sat on a chair in front of my living room window watching it all for a couple of hours while it went on.

Then over the weekend we had beautiful weather. It was sunny and light breezes. Had windows open cuz it was so nice. Loved getting in the fresh air. Motorcycle went by a block away, revved his engine and I thought my cat was going to turn herself inside out she jumped so high. A while later, someone closed a car door on my street. Again, jumped and took off up the stairs. She was certainly entertainment for my weekend.

cookin

Esteemed Contributor

Guess the  unexpected sudden sounds send her off but a slow moving

gradual storm moving in - doesn't.

When my dog no longer took a dive for her cage during a t-storm - figured her

hearing must not be what it once was.  Laid on the carpet sleeping away.

Respected Contributor

My poor lab used to pace and tremble during thunderstorms.  Even when he crawled up on the couch and sat on top of me. 

My Cats were all different.  One didn't care one way or the other.  One sat with me.  One got up from sitting with me and disappeared until it was over.