Esteemed Contributor

My cat Macy - UPDATE - Very Bad News - Need prayers!

@Marp @Noreen @JannyRee @chrystaltree @January121 @Allegheny @pachutabelle @K9buddy @nicknak

To my board friends who kindly posted on my post last weekend about my cat Macy's infected paw.....The news is very, very bad. In fact, I wanted to post an update sooner, but I couldn't bring myself to type the post until today. 

What I thought was an infected paw was actually a tumor. As it turns out, she has tumors in her hind leg and in her lungs. In other words, she has cancer in several places in her body. We had her toe amputated (she's recovering nicely) to relieve her of pain and "buy her some time." I'm completely 100% devastated. My cats are truly my family; I have no husband, kids, family, or friends outside of "work friends." I'm focused on making her comfortable and enjoying what time I have left with her. 

If you pray or meditate, please, please consider praying for little Macy. I actually believe in the power of prayer--even from folks I don't know. So, I'm serious. I'd be very grateful if you could kindly say a...well....very powerful prayer for Macy, my angel cat. I better stop or I'll start crying at work. 

Here's her beautiful photo:

Macy in June 2015.JPG

Trusted Contributor

Re: My cat Macy - UPDATE - Very Bad News - Need prayers!

So very sorry to hear this news.Smiley Sad  My prayers to Macy and you.

Respected Contributor

I am tearing up reading your post.  Am sending you prayers and best wishes.  As a long time cat mom I can certainly identify with what you're going through.  You are doing the right thing in trying to make her as comfortable as possible.  She is beautiful cat.   

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry. I was wondering how she was since you hadn't posted an update previously. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 I am so sorry to hear about Macy.  I don't have family either so I understand to some extent what you are going through.  Please take care and give Macy a special hug and kiss from me.  You will both be in my thoughts and prayers.  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Prayers being sent for your beloved, beautiful girl Macy.  Prayers, too, to guide her medical team's talents as they continue to treat her. Of course you are devastated...plesse post here as often as you need...and remember, our furbabies live only in the present...try to emulate Macy in that way, keeping positive when you are with her.  That positive energy will make what I hope are as many love-filled days as possible with your angel cat!

Valued Contributor

I'm so sorry to hear this news.  I will be praying.  It is a small blessing that although she may not feel well, she doesn't know and won't worry about her diagnosis.  Your love will comfort her.

I'm sure that all of us that love our animals have cried at work over them, I know I have.

Valued Contributor

Prayers are being said for beautiful angel Macy... Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm so very sorry to read this news.  I was afraid it might be bad news since you hadn't posted the update, but wasn't expecting this.  I will definitely be keeping you and Macy in my prayers.  Macy is a beautiful cat.  It's so hard when our special pets get so sick.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Macy,