Honored Contributor

Re: My beagle has terminal cancer

@Vivian    You've got more than your share on your plate.  I wish there was a way we could help shoulder your burden.  So sad to hear about all of your loved ones so I'm sending you a hug and best wishes for a happier future. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Vivian I am so sorry for all of your troubles.  You must know that you have done nothing wrong and that every day has troubles of its own.  (Matthew6:34)  I know that the brokenness you feel can weigh heavily on your heart and your "beagle baby" will always know he was loved and will always be a treasured memory in your heart.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian 

Sending Love Light and prayers.jpeg

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

Last fall my 11 1/2 year old beagle was diagnosed with soft tissue sarcoma. She had surgery and daily doses of mild chemo, which she tolerated very well. Sadly, though, today we found out that the cancer is back with a vengeance. We knew that this could happen, in fact would happen, but we thought we'd have a little more time with Maddie. We now have only six months, maybe a little more. All we can do is make her happy until her quality of life leads to the inevitable. We won't let her suffer. With my husband's Alzheimer's and my 99 year old mother's health, I'm wondering what I did to incur these woes.

So very sorry to hear this. My prayers are with you as you go through difficult time,

Esteemed Contributor

@Vivian, I am most sorry for all you are going through.  I don’t know why this is happening, but all I can offer is to take one day at a time.  I do hope you have people in your life you can lean on to help you through.  Please come back and let everyone here know how you are doing.  Sending prayers and hugs to you!

Honored Contributor

@Vivian .......Im so very sorry about you Maddie.  Its a very heart breaking process to go through.

My dear, you did not do anything the incur your woes, its all part of the life cycle and being a member of the human race.  Unfortunately for you 3 things have hit you all at once.  Please try to curb this type of thinking you will only end up severaly depressed which will help no one.  In fact  you may need some help for the depression from your doctor.  If you have family or friends that could and would be willing to help you contact them.  God bless you.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

@Vivian 

I'm so sorry for all you're going through.  I'll say a prayer for your Sweet Maddie & also for you & your family members.  I'm sending ((( comfort hugs ))) to you.  Heart

Honored Contributor

@Vivian   You know I'm a beagle lover and my heart aches for you. You have so much else on your plate with your DH and your Mom. Let Maddie be your comfort for however long she's with you. There's nothing like stroking beagle ears to bring your blood pressure and anxiety down. 

Trusted Contributor

@Vivian I am so sorry you are going through this. Sometimes it seems the bad things keep piling on us at once. You are in my prayers. Woman Sad
Honored Contributor

💙💙💙

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras