Respected Contributor

My Sweet Old Gal Crossed the Rainbow Bridge

[ Edited ]

Very suddenly. One minute she's playful, adorable, active and the next her heart gave out.  Xrays also revealed an enlarged spleen (possibly cancer ridden), collapsed lungs filled with fluid, enlarged kidneys and a very prominently enlarged heart.  She had a heart murmur when I adopted her.

I held her when the time came and whispered in her ear to wait for me when the time comes - that I'll be looking for her.

The vet did everything to comfort and keep her from pain.  The oxygen chamber didn't help with her struggle for the next breath.

We arrived at emergency at 10:30 pm and I left without my side kick, buddy and loving family member at 3 am.

The house is so quiet.

Devastated.

RIP Sweetness - April 2005 - August 17, 2017

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Sweet Old Gal Crossed the Rainbow Bridge

[ Edited ]

I'm so sorry for your loss. You were a great mom to your old gal and she's no longer suffering but watching over you (((HUGS)))

Esteemed Contributor

Hang in there - I was in your place in June.  Thanks for memories is your best comfort.

Respected Contributor

So very sorry for your loss. But remember that you gave her a good life and you were there at the end.  Wishing you peace and comfort.

Respected Contributor

@pommomSo sorry for your loss.  What a shock and a heartbreak for you.  Remember the love in the quiet times.  She was a lucky girl that you took her in for her forever home.

Esteemed Contributor

So sorry for you sudden loss.💕

Respected Contributor

My heart aches for you.  Have been though this many times and it is so hard.  Was just thinking today my dog is now 11 - seems like yesterday we got him.  My oldest was 17 when he passed and another was 16.  The years add up so fast and our beloved pets mean so much to us.  I am crying for you as I know how you are feeling tonight.  The only comfort is knowing what a wonderful life you gave to this precious girl and that she was happy until her passing - no suffering and she went with you by her side to comfort her.

Trusted Contributor

@pommom

I'm so very sorry.  My thoughts are with you.

Respected Contributor

Tears streaming down my face.  My heart is breaking for you!  I'm so sorry!  I'm going through the same thing with my 16 1/2 year old Pharaoh hound.  Today she literally fell into her bowl of water face first.  But like you, I will be there with her when she passes. 

New Contributor

I am aso so sorry for your loss. She will be waiting for you!