Trusted Contributor

Re: My Sweet Old Gal Crossed the Rainbow Bridge

I am so very sorry for your loss. I know what its like to lose your baby so suddenly,its truly devastating.I do believe our pets go to Heaven and we will be with them again someday.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

I am so sorry for your loss.  My precious friend passed over the Rainbow Bridge on the 4th of July.  Renal failure with nothing more they could do. He could no longer walk or acknwledge the love I wanted him to carry along.  I am crying now just thinking about him.  I know it will pass in time, but not yet.

I have been offered another pup - same breed, a middle aged lady now retired from the show circult. I am trying to be positive, but the ache in my heart feels too heavy to let someone

else in. I don't know what to do. Maybe it's too soon. Can I really be fair to another pup when I am so sad?

@Perkup  This is an individual decision.  We were able to bring another puppy into our lives after the death of our sweet, sweet Quincy.  He battled cancer for six months and lost that fight.  That was in June last year.  We brought Willie home in August of that same year.  I cried when I looked at the puppies and even when we first brought him home.  Quincy was never coming back to us. We loved him with all our hearts while we had the privilege to have him.  We had love to give to a dog AND we weren't getting any younger.  We love having a dog in our lives.  We have had one or two for the last 30 plus years.  A house without a dog is very lonely.  We are dog happy again.  I think you can be, too. 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@pommom  I am so sorry for your loss.  Most everyone that has posted here has been through what you are now going through.  We are here for you in the coming days.  Please reach out if you need to. 

This is the hard part of taking a pet and loving it. It is hard, but we wouldn't trade it for all the happy days that we have with them.  

Again,  my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Regular Contributor

❤️ @pommom ❤️

Respected Contributor

I am so sorry I also lost my oliver 3 weeks ago. i am still crying and I feel your  pain

Super Contributor

I'm so sorry for your loss and feel your pain. My little buddy passed away July 11 of this year. I cried for two weeks! They take a piece of your heart with them that's for sure. 💔🌈
Trusted Contributor

That old adage plays so true:  "It's Better to Have Loved and Lost Than to Have Never Loved at All"...our furbabies teach us so much with their humble and innocent and oh how too-short lives!  I've often said that my dogs were kinder to me than many people that have been in my life.  While it hurts so badly when they leave us, our time with them was worth that hurt.  I have a sign hanging in my kitchen, "A House Is Not A Home Without A Dog".  So true...that's why I'll keep bringing another dog into my life.  Not to replace the one I lost, that can never, ever be done.  But because I just can't imagine the emptiness and the void that would exist in my life without one.   And you learn to love every dog you do bring into your life for different reasons. They are all uniquely special.   Oh, and I feel the same about my precious kitties!!!

So very sorry for your loss...remembering the happy times will get easier, but will take a while.  Take Care!   XO 

Trusted Contributor

So sorry @pommom. I am facing a similar situation. My boy has cancer and is terminal. He is declining rapidly. I can't imagine my life without him. I am so sorry for your loss. 

Respected Contributor

"The house is so quiet".

My heart aches for you.

I am so sorry for your loss. May you heal and may the happy times you spent together live on in your heart.

Super Contributor

My condolences for your loss. Keep the memories of Sweetness in your heart and soul. A big hug for you.