Respected Contributor

My Sweet Cat 'Squeaks' is in Urgent Care at the Veterinary Hospital

My sweet 5 year old calico cat, 'Squeaks', is really sick.   Since finding her as a stray on our back deck about 2 years ago, she made her way into our house as a dear, sweet pet.  We also  have two other cats, found the same way on our back deck and have adopted them as well.  Unlike the other two cats, Squeaks always seemed to be the one with a 'sensitive' stomach.   It never seemed like a major problem, just every now and then she would throw up her food.  

Last week, she wanted to eat and drink and just couldn't.  She also wasn't acting right and her meow was 'different'.  Took her to the vet and she was dehydrated and the exam, which included x-rays and an ultrasound revealed she had pancreatitis, inflammation of the gall bladder and intestines.  She is on IV fluids, Cerenia to eliminate vomiting, an appetite enhancer and steroids.  She's been in the hospital for several days and today, I was told she ate a litte on her own and didn't throw it up.  The vet was pleased and wants her to gain some weight as she's lost quite a bit of weight with all that's going on with her.  

It's costing a small fortune, as I don't have pet insurance but we are hoping and praying for a good outcome.  Please keep her in your thoughts..  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Valued Contributor

Re: My Sweet Cat 'Squeaks' is in Urgent Care at the Veterinary Hospital

awwww poor little squeaks, I sure hope she gets better. That's an adorable name by the way. c'mon Squeaks, get better for everyone that loves you. 

=^..^=

Valued Contributor

@ciao_bella, Prayers sent up right now.Take a deep breath and see her well and with you...Sending you a needed hug and love.Please take care,let us know how you are getting on...Hugs,MaryAnne 

Respected Contributor

Healing Prayers and good wishes going up for Squeaks!  May her calico spirit hold her in good sted. Hope she feels lots better soon.  Slow and stedy Squeaks dear girl,  gotta get better and go HOME!

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry about Squeaks.  I love calico cats.  I do hope she's able to recover from this bout of pancreatitis and get on a stable path soon.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Sending good thoughts and prayers for Squeaks.  Veterinary care is expensive but a good outcome is priceless.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Trusted Contributor

My sweet rescue kitty had a similar story. I rushed him to emergency on a snowy Sunday in 2015.  He ended up being diagnosed with a "bad pancreas" and severe pancreatitis.  As I had just had most of my pancreas removed because of tumors, I felt so bad for him because I had a sense of how awful he must have felt.  However, we both are still here.  My boy has had a few additional bouts of pancreatitis.  When he does not feel well---today is one of those days--I make sure he stays hydrated, let him rest, and watch him for signs of significant discomfort. (He has a meow that alerts me.) He has only gone back to the hospital once since that first visit and has to be careful to eat only certain food.  

I hope that Squeaks has the same happy ending.  

Esteemed Contributor

Absolutely, @ciao_bella.  Prayers for a rapid turn around for Squeaks.  Let's get her home again!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🐱🐱🐱🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Respected Contributor

I have often said .. please don't feed your animals any pet food

that comes from China....After i found out about their practices

in farm raising fish ....i can't even imagine the pet food .....