Trusted Contributor

So, as usual, I came home for lunch.  While making my sandwich, I happened to glance out the kitchen sink window ... & to my surprise, I see my 2 sr. girls outside beginning to wander.  I screamed to DH "the girls are outside!"  I know what was going thru their minds .. WELCOME SPRING!

I forgot DH leaves the screens to the sliders open so our dog, Connie, can run or "play soccer" out back.  And, stupid me, didn't realize it when I opened the sliders so my little girls could enjoy the spring air while looking out at their little yard friends.  So, Fluffy was close to the steps & I was able to grab her quickly & put her back inside.  Ginger, on the other hand, decided to go around the corner to the gate, but because her "senior legs" wouldn't allow her to run fast, I was able to catch her & bring her back inside.  

WHEW,  .... close call.  It scares me to let them loose.  I only allow them out while I have them on their harness & leash.  They're currently both snoozing & safely home.  All is well here & hoping they're both having sweet dreams.   Heart

Valued Contributor

'So very glad Fluffy and Ginger are safe and sound! Heart

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.
**Be the reason someone smiles today : )
Esteemed Contributor

@ScenicMaine 

"Welcome spring" -- hysterical!  As you know our Fay Wray is ill but this did not stop her and her partner-in-kitty-crime Frankie girl from drinking deeply of the spring breezes this past Saturday while also casting a critical eye at the neighbors and passersby. 

When one neighbor walked in front of our home to get her mail, Frankie looked at Fay Wray -- and, I swear this what I saw -- gave her a look as if to say, "Tsk, tsk, neighbor has let herself go this winter!"

Honored Contributor

@ScenicMaine   So glad you came home when you did and got them in safely!

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

So glad you had a happy ending!  The little rascals must be as cute as can be.  

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 

What you call kitty-crime is just clowning around to Sweet Fay Wray & Sweet Frankie.  It does get quite comical watching all of their fun stunts though doesn't it?  Such nice, loving memories for us to hold forever close.

I'm glad you were able to enjoy your Saturday.  Ours was quite blustery (a "leftover" from Friday's winds.)  So, no open sliders for the girls.

Maybe as they watch neighbors and strangers go by they have their own little "fashion show" & they play the judges.  I can picture Frankie speaking to Fay Wray as if to say, "who do you think wears it best?"

Well, I hope everyone in the Schmoo home had a nice day & are doing well.

Trusted Contributor

@NickNack 

Thank you.

Actually, I was home when I opened the sliders for them.  But, because I did it from the side, I wasn't in front of the screens to notice them open.  Very careless of me! 

(Just a little FYI .. we got in the habit of leaving the screens open because last year when I was letting Connie out, she didn't wait for me to open the screens & bulldozed right into them, causing some damage.)  

Trusted Contributor

@SuesCat 

Thank you very much for the nice wishes.  My girls are my little angels.

Believe me, I scolded myself for being so careless  Woman Mad

Trusted Contributor

@PamfromCT 

Thank you, you're very kind.  I guess for their senior age of 17 1/2, they still have a little naughty left in them.  They were very eager to get out & enjoy the spring air.  Honestly, I can't blame them.