Esteemed Contributor

Geez, I dozed off in my recliner for about an hour. The living room looked fine.  Of course, Perunia's 3-way tunnel was on the floor and 1 or 2 catnip toys. Otherwise, nothing out of place.

I woke up and holy crow, I counted 15, yes 15, little cat toys scattered about.  Plastic balls, with and without bells, 2 old hair rollers she unearthed, stuffed toys etc.

I think she went under every piece of furniture and found what she had hidden. Yes, I do clean under things but she goes right behind me and stashes her toys.

It looks like the cat toy section of Pet Smart exploded. She had a great time while I napped.  Her "Mother" went to get her hair cut.  

She gets spayed tomorrow. I said to DD, "she would have such cute kittens."  DD said don't even think about it.

Honored Contributor

LOL!  I can relate.  When Henry was a kitten the house was like that.  He has a toy bin now, and I just rotate a few toys out for him at a time.  He was over a year old before I started doing that though.  You reminded me that his favorite toy must be under a piece of furniture.  I need to look for it.  

I hope everything goes well for Petunia tomorrow.  I'm glad you survived both of her heats.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I agree with DD, don't even think about it, your house can't possibly be big enough! 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Love your stories about Petunia - she's a little hoot! Isn't it funny how some kittens just love to hide their loot under the beds! She'll most likely be pretty quiet tomorrow evening.

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  I feel your pain. My Springer, Zeke, loves to drag out multiple toys and leave them all over thehouse. He has a toy basket and I should have taught him how to put them away. LOL  There's twenty years difference between my oldest and youngest kids. I feel like I've been picking up after someone my whole life. Now it's the dog! The other day, I picked up seven toys from behind the couch. He likes to jump up on the couch with a toy in his mouth to look out the window, then he drops it. At least you can't see them. I don't get mad at him. He's getting old and I don't know how much longer he'll be around. So he can pretty much do whatever he wants.

Esteemed Contributor

@jannabelle1  Let's hope she reads the post op instructions.  lol   Years ago our little orange guy Gizmo came home after getting neutered. It was no food, no stairs, no jumping.

Ha!!  The minute he got out of the cat carrier he was up the stairs before DH or I could blink.

Esteemed Contributor

My little Char has a toy basket filled with Pom poms, plastic springs, mice etc.. When she wants a new toy she will go up to it and get one. She actually taught Skitter to do the same. She never puts them back but sometimes takes them into the bathtub or shower to play with. Whenever we move furniture or clean we always find something. 

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 LOL! Reminds me of every cat we ever had. We had rescues at various times who were at least 1 year old but they did the same thing!

When it comes to hiding the toys remember "resistance is fultile."

Thank you for having her spayed. There are way too many unwanted kittens and puppies in this world.

Respected Contributor

@Retired Legal Secretary 

Love another cute story of Sweet Petunia!  Enjoy their young age while you can.  I miss that fun part.  The memories of  my 2 of them at night are very comical.

My 2 girls mostly nap often & meow a LOT!  They both want me to be with them so if I'm with one, the other one starts in.  They don't hang out together anymore.  I wish they did, but Fluffy likes to be boss!  Ginger's not one for hitting back, etc.

I wish Sweet Petunia good luck tomorrow.  I hope all goes well.  Heart

@nicknack 

How are both Sweet Frankie & Henry doing?  Hope they're both feeling well & enjoying the lazy winter days of napping.  Heart

Super Contributor

I love how you said it looked like Pet Smart exploded, that's how my floor looks! I have two 8 month old kittens and they love toys!