Honored Contributor

Re: My Male Golden is coming home today after Pace Maker implant surgery yesterday

@SeaMaiden:

Continued healing prayers for ZaZu and a kiss and cuddle for Lola, who's probably wondering what's up.  Bet she's not herself either due to the change in ZaZu and the changes in their relationship. 

Both Goldies will get used to the temporary 'new norm', though, and it'll be easier as the recovery days and weeks go by.

You and DH are great parents.  8)

Image result for golden retriever wagging tail gif

Honored Contributor

Re: My Male Golden is coming home today after Pace Maker implant surgery yesterday

@feline groovy wrote:

@SeaMaiden:

Continued healing prayers for ZaZu and a kiss and cuddle for Lola, who's probably wondering what's up.  Bet she's not herself either due to the change in ZaZu and the changes in their relationship. 

Both Goldies will get used to the temporary 'new norm', though, and it'll be easier as the recovery days and weeks go by.

You and DH are great parents.  8)

Image result for golden retriever wagging tail gif

@feline groovy ThankYou for the encouragemen and kind words!🙂

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden  I just happened on your post about Zazu.  I am so glad everything went so well with the surgery.  I know each day will be better than the last....baby steps.....

You are so atuned and educated about health things, I know you are on top of this.  I know the "mom" thing tends to interfere with all that, but I know you are more than capable to handle this. 

I am praying for your family during this time.  It will all be okay.....really!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@SeaMaiden  I just happened on your post about Zazu.  I am so glad everything went so well with the surgery.  I know each day will be better than the last....baby steps.....

You are so atuned and educated about health things, I know you are on top of this.  I know the "mom" thing tends to interfere with all that, but I know you are more than capable to handle this. 

@tends2dogs  ThankYou for the kind words of encouragement.  ZaZu is going on 4 days since surgery. He is not eating well yet....and has not pooped yet.( that I have found.).

Tonight he ate a small dinner and actually  seemed interested.  He is on meds so I am sure that contributes to his lack of appetite.  He has to take it easy for 8 weeks....just rest mostly. That is a long time for anyone, let alone a dog!

i will update here again in a few days ....hope he is eating better and pooping!🙂

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

@tends2dogs  ThankYou for the kind words of encouragement.  ZaZu is going on 4 days since surgery. He is not eating well yet....and has not pooped yet.( that I have found.).

Tonight he ate a small dinner and actually  seemed interested.  He is on meds so I am sure that contributes to his lack of appetite.  He has to take it easy for 8 weeks....just rest mostly. That is a long time for anyone, let alone a dog!

i will update here again in a few days ....hope he is eating better and pooping!🙂

@m UPDATE TO POST......@tends2dogs     WE POOPED THIS MORNING!!(Sunday) So the plumbing is starting to work again !!!! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Great news, @SeaMaiden.  We are on the mend!  I know you will have your hands full for the next 8 weeks keeping things calm around your place.  Be thankful you are a stay at home mom Woman Wink and that you can keep an eye on things. 

Keep posting the progress.  We all care.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden  Congrats on the pooping ~ have been thinking of you all weekend : )

So glad you updated here as I was wondering how ZaZu was progressing.............Heart  Amazing the thrill a little poop can bring : )

Please continue to update and I will continue "puppy prayers" for your baby!

Woof!

Honored Contributor

@Irish1210 wrote:

@SeaMaiden  Congrats on the pooping ~ have been thinking of you all weekend : )

So glad you updated here as I was wondering how ZaZu was progressing.............Heart  Amazing the thrill a little poop can bring : )

Please continue to update and I will continue "puppy prayers" for your baby!

Woof!

@Irish1210 

Thankyou for your kind words!  It is a week out(7) now from surgery.  Zazu seems fine.  He is still on his antibiotics until they are gone... I have backed off the pain pills pretty much, but I still give him the anti anxiety pills as he needs to rest and sleep more  and be  a bit more calm for the healing process...  it just makes him less jumpy and excited as he is usually about everything!

I do not like giving drugs to my dogs or to myself for that reason, but,  sometimes you must  do what you must do for the outcome from the surgery or whatever has been done to come out well. He seems to be eating better( but  not with  his usual gusto) He really likes canned tripe and that is how I get his meds down Smiley Happy

Will update here in  another few days.  Just  Wish it were not so darn hot!

You take the best of care and thanks again for your kindness. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Great update....sounds as though things are progressing nicely : )

Please continue with good reports on ZaZu Heart

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden

Such good news!!!   Heart

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown