Super Contributor

Just an update. Eggs will not work any more, but a finger of peanut butter on the roof of his mouth does work. He can't spit that out. Smiley Happy It is a real chore getting his pills down, hubby is getting very frustrated and is down in the dumps. Me too.

I spoke to his Vet yesterday and he suggested giving him the nausea pills that he has which I am starting today. He also said not to worry as long as he drinks, and he sees the Vet Friday for more blood work. He may give him an appetite stimulant also.

Thanks for caring, this is a very harad time for us.

Super Contributor

Unfortunately we just found out Buddy has cancer. No extraordinary measures will be taken, and he is not in any pain. Buddy will just live out the rest of his days at home.

Honored Contributor

Re: My Lab has hepatitis

[ Edited ]

@FS74  I just read your last post..... I am so sorry to hear your pup has cancer.

I lost my Golden last March to Liver cancer.  All I can say is she will let you know when she feels really bad.  My Lola quit eating for a week....we knew then. I went through everything you going through...it is SO HARD.  

We used a mobile vet to come to the house when it was time.  We used  Lap Of Love.  It was a very sad , but, peaceful beautiful moment  being home with her at the time.  You might look into using a mobile vet....your vet might do it for you at your home if you request that. 

again, so sorry. ((Hugs))❤️ ~SeaMaiden~H

Respected Contributor

Re: My Lab has hepatitis

[ Edited ]
oh my gosh! what awful news! It sounds like you're going to just keep him as comfortable as possible for whatever time he has left.

I'm so sorry for you! Smiley Sad
Super Contributor

Thank you. As you know is it so hard to lose a fur baby. I just hope his sister and litter mate will be ok when the time comes.

Super Contributor

Buddy crossed the rainbow bridge yesterday. Poor thing was so sick in a matter of a month. We concluded it was Lymphoma. RIP Buddy, you were taken from us so soon.

Trusted Contributor

So sorry for your loss of Buddy. You did all you could do for him.  Just know that he is waiting for you at the bridge and that his health has been restored. My prayers are with you and your family.

Respected Contributor

I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP Buddy 😔

Esteemed Contributor

@FS74  I am so sorry.  I hope that he recovers quickly.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@FS74 -

I'm so so sorry-I know we wish we could keep them with us forever!

Everyday you can give him and he you all the love you and he can hold!

I'll always remember those precious times with ours.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"