Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Holly was so sick after getting her vaccines...

@ScenicMaine wrote:

@Nataliesgramma 

I'm so sorry your Sweet Holly wasn't well after her vet visit.  Is it possible her illness was allergy related?  Is she feeling better now?  I think it's good news Holly was drinking.

Really makes you wonder about all these drugs (sometimes several at once) & if they're effective or are they harmful?  

I'm sending your Sweet Holly many hugs & hope she's in comfort & will have sweet doggy dreams tonight.  Holly, I hope you wake up tomorrow smiling  Heart

Thank you so much...she is back to her old self......I am so glad.

Trusted Contributor

@Nataliesgramma 

I'm so happy for Sweet Little Holly.  I've been worried about her, so thank you for the update.

Please give little Holly a hug from me & wish her sweet doggy dreams tonight.  Heart

Trusted Contributor

My little Poms only get Parvo and kennel cough vaccines as they are airborne, and only one at a time.  If we traveled with them, then we probably would have to give them other vaccines. As it is, they only go to the vets and the dog groomers.  This is perfectly fine with our vet. We all just have to do what is righti for our  pets according to our circumstances.

Trusted Contributor

Many vets just give boosters as a norm which I cannot agree with.  I feel as your vet does, do a titer to see if they are still protected.  Some will do the titer but are not happy about it and I wonder why?  

Esteemed Contributor

I am glad that Holly is feeling better. Folks educate yourselves when it comes to these toxic medications, preventives and shots. We have the Internet  at out fingertips and the things I found out made me realize that some [not all ] vets have become money hungry. I had to leave a vet who keeps charging me for a office visit when I brought my three dogs in for the second dose of the distemper shots.It made me mad and I refused to pay that every time I had to go in for a second dose of a shot.Like I said greedy! 

Esteemed Contributor

Titer tests are not as conclusive as some people like to believe and are more costly than the vaccinations themselves.  It is a discussion to have with you vet as to the pets overall health and environmental situations. 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

I'm glad your Holly is better.  I also have a ShihTzu/Maltese mix.  She is 11 years old.  Her name is...........................Holly!   (She is a rescue and I got her in December a  few years ago.)    She is a love and a great companion.

Honored Contributor

A few years ago the dog I had then (ShihTzu) was losing weight and the vet thought nothing of it.  Soon she had seizures, etc.   I really feel that Trifexis caused this.  She started having issues a few months after taking this.  I read many dogs had problems with it.  I would not ever give it to another dog.  

Respected Contributor

We now go to a holistic vet who only does the absolute necessary vaccines and in single doses. No more combined dose shots.
Esteemed Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

I'm glad your Holly is better.  I also have a ShihTzu/Maltese mix.  She is 11 years old.  Her name is...........................Holly!   (She is a rescue and I got her in December a  few years ago.)    She is a love and a great companion.

LOL!!! My Holly was born on Christmas Eve and the lady named her that...

Here is her pic:

FB_IMG_1533669871805.jpg