Esteemed Contributor

I am sorry for the loss of sweet Daffy.  It is never easy, but I hope that your son can find comfort in knowing that he gave his sweet dog two wonderful years of kindness and happiness.  That is what he should hold close to his heart.  

This is never easy when we love a pet.  Your son sounds like a very caring man.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry for you & your son's loss....

Respected Contributor

i am so sorry about the loss of your granddog 

Valued Contributor

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Take comfort in knowing that you gave Daffy the two best years of her life. Having been there, I know how it hurts. Sending a comforting hug and prayers.

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart  I'm sorry for you and you son loosing Daffy! I had to put my 16 year old Jack Russell down several weeks ago. 
  I knew he had back trouble and was carrying him on stairs but one day he couldn't stand. The vets did bloodwork and it was really bad, showing possible cancer among other things. 
  My sons greyhound had internal bleeding similar to Daffy. He had to be put down. 
  It's so very hard, and we miss them!

Regular Contributor

Oh dear oh my, so very sad.  And so very fast and sudden.  I'm sure your son is devastated and I know you are for him.  I hope he can take some comfort knowing that he  rescued Daffy and gave him a good and happy home even though it was for a relatively short time.

I went through something similar with one of my sons last month.  His dog was older though and he had him for all of his 11 years.  Last week he adopted a new abandoned puppy.  I hope when your son feels ready, he will do the same. 

And again, I'm sorry.  I'm sure you are feeling not only sad for your son but the loss as well since you and your dog were part of Daffy's life too. 

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart 

Oh My God, what a terrible loss.

However, Daffy lived her BEST life with the love and comfort your son and you provided.

A life realized with affection and trust.

She was blessed in the latter part of her short life, as were those she touched.

My heart is with you - and your family.

Please recount all the love she gave you during this hardest of times, love can pull you out of the shadows. 

Respected Contributor

My sincere sympathies  to your Son and you at Daffys passing.  It's a shock when it is so fast.  no time to do Anything to save or help or ease or say goodbye. 

You and your Son must hold fast to the fact that Daffy came to you from a hopeless place.  You were her hope, her safety, her comfort.  all good things came from your son and you.  She was happy to the day she died.  and then your son broke his own heart to ease hers. 

Bless sweet Daffy and her humans.

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart 

What a sad story.  My heart feels for both your son & you on the loss of your Sweet Daffy.

I'm glad you had the few loving years together with her.  She passed peacefully knowing you both loved her.  She's very happy now at The Bridge playing with all of her new friends.

I wish you both a comforting weekend.

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart  So sorry for your loss😢