Valued Contributor

Re: My Golden Lola is having surgery right now Wednesday June 19 9:22 AM Pacific Time

Happy your Lola is home and out of surgery.  By today she is probably getting back to her old self.  Will keep saying a prayer for Lola and you.  Keep us updated please.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Golden Lola is having surgery right now Wednesday June 19 9:22 AM Pacific Time

Feel better Lola. You are beautiful. Get lots of rest and before you know

it you will out of the cone and running around again happy and carefree.

download (3).jpg

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

Awwww  Thanks for sharing a picture. She is a cutie!

doxie

Trusted Contributor

Praying for you and Lola. It's so hard when they go through this stuff and don't understand why. Will pray for the best outcome with the biopsy also. Hugs to you.

Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

Feel better Lola. You are beautiful. Get lots of rest and before you know

it you will out of the cone and running around again happy and carefree.

download (3).jpg

@threecees   Yes Lola needs a band aid!  Such a cute picture🙂

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

so, it is about 12:45pm pacific time.  Lola is out of surgery...good news is that she came out of surgeryjust fine....not so good news is that the doctor did not take out the mass as it was intertwined with a facial nerve.  She took just enough  for a biopsy....she said that removing the mass would most likely  cause her  facial paralysis on that side.  It was up to me to decide...and I decided to not remove it...for now.  Find out what it is first. ...Go from there.

Why so so these things happen....odd tumors... in odd places....things like that?  Life is just so full of the unexpected. 

I am both relieved... the surgery is over, .and, worried.... about the tumor still being there.  

Maybe I should have just left it alone.  She was in  no discomfort with it.  I hope my decision to do the surgery was the best. Right now I am 😐 conflicted. 

So we will go get her her in about two hours. She will have to wear the dreaded cone🙁

Which I am sure she will hate.  And be on pain meds  and  anti inflammatories for a couple of days.

I will update again later once she is home. Poor baby. 

If if any of you have experience with the "cone" used on dog...  and have suggestions to make the experience less traumatic please tell me anything.  How does she drink water with it on?

Thanks for listening🙂

I think you, absolutely, did the right thing. Worst-case scenario, it's malignant, surgery is required, facial paralysis. But, your girl will still have a happy life.  Best-case, it's benign.  Ignoring it wouldn't solve anything, and, eventually, Lola would suffer if it's malignant.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden   I just saw your post!  We were traveling back north for the summer.  I will certainly pray that Lola has a great outcome.  I feel bad for her (and you) with her having to wear that dang cone.  Willie wore the soft type when he had his umbilical hernia repaired and the removal of his retained testicle.  20180517_080941.jpeg

Please let us know how this all turns out.  I am putting my money on good news! 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs       So today is a week since Lola's surgery/ biopsy.  The test results came back as NOT CANCER.  But, now we have to decide where to go from here... more surgery with a surgeon who MIGHT be able to remove i the growth... not hopefully causing damage to the nerves... a CT scan would be involved to see how the tumor intertwines with the nerves near the eye...... having to put her under again.......   more wearing the cone....so much to take in. 

We go back next week to talk with the Dr who did the first surgery.... she will look at the surgery site... see how it is healing... discuss our options.

I will update once we decide what the next step will be( or none?) 

Glad it is not cancer, but, we are not out of the woods just because of that.  

Honored Contributor

If it is not cancer that is really good,and if it is not bothering her,why more surgery?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

So glad to see everything turned out good for Lola 💕