Honored Contributor

My Favorite Disney Movie - The Aristocats

Check this out and read her story. I'm not on Facebook, but her page is public - "DuchessandKittens" - it will make you smile! Smiley Happy

Yes, there is a real-life cat named Duchess who gave birth to the rest of

The Aristocats, 

Shelby Sewell-Lopez from East Texas adopted the white cat in 2018. Although the cat held the name Glamour originally, her life was anything but glamorous. The cat allegedly was very frail, had a hernia, and had just about every parasite you can imagine.

“Through all of the rehabilitating, she kept her calm demeanor, and a beautiful cat emerged,” her owner says. “She is unbothered by everything except the vacuum cleaner!”

One day, after bringing Duchess home, Shelby discovered the cat hiding in a closet. She soon realized that Duchess had actually given birth to not one, not two, but three different-colored kittens (and a bonus kitten)! Shelby was previously under the impression that her cat had been spayed, but that was obviously not the case.

First came Berlioz, who Shelby first thought was a mouse. Following Berlioz were Marie and Toulouse. Shelby thought Duchess was done there, but nope! They got a bonus kitten that Shelby named Blue. Shelby notes that Marie, Toulouse, and Berlioz all have striking similarities to the cats from The Aristocats.

The cats are the exact same color and gender as the cats in the film. So, of course, Shelby gave her cats the same names as the cats in the film too. Since Blue was the bonus kitten of the bunch, he earned his own name separate from the ‘Aristocats’ gang.

Honored Contributor

Re: My Favorite Disney Movie - The Aristocats

@beach-mom -HeartWhat a beautiful story!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Re: My Favorite Disney Movie - The Aristocats

Snow White then Pinocchio