Honored Contributor

My Cockatial 25 years old is gone...😪

I bought him as a baby.....25 years ago.  I am heart broken.  I am not going to go into detail about how he died as I am still too upset over losing him.  It is just so hard to see his empty cage....and not see him.  25 years is a  long relationship.    I have lots of animals that I have loved and lost...but, none have I had for 25 years.   It is never easy.

He was a character....lots of personality....naughty at times....sweet at times....never needed much.  Just happy every day. I am going to make a very special place in the yard to bury him.  He deserves that. 

Thanks for listening.  I just needed to say something.

Honored Contributor

Re: My Cockatial 25 years old is gone...😪

I'm so sorry for your loss @SeaMaiden.  Twenty-five years is a very long time to have a pet.  That would be a tremendous loss.  I'm sure the special place you bury him in your yard will be a true memorial for your beloved Cockatiel.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

25 years is a very long time,

Image result for loss of bird sympathy images

Honored Contributor

So sorry for your loss @SeaMaiden.Heart

It hurts so bad to lose any companion pet, regardless of which type it is.

((((HUGS))))!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Oh, that's got to be hard, @SeaMaiden.  I'm so sorry.

Trusted Contributor

I am so sorry 💔💔

I have two conures and I know how I would feel if one of them were gone.  I am sure you were a great FID parent.

Trusted Contributor

So sorry for your heartbreak.  25yrs. of love is hard to lose.  God bless.

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Respected Contributor

OMG @SeaMaiden I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine. I rescued a lovebird last year and she is the apple of my eye. Therefore, I know how special having a bird is. I sure hope that you find some solace soon in knowing that you made your bird very happy and provided a loving home for 25 years. Some parents of human children can't even do that.

I know you're devastated. Hopefully, you can celebrate his life and how special he was in the near future.

I know that I will never be without a baby bird in my life going forward. There is just something magical about seeing birds fly to you and in your home. It's like having a bit of God's creation in your life.

~Live with Intention~
Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden

I am sorry for your loss. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

I am terribly sorry for your loss. I understand how heartsick you must be. Time will help heal but for now it's perfectly OK to cry. I'm sure you gave your pet a wonderful life. May that sustain you.