Honored Contributor

Re: My Cockatial 25 years old is gone...😪

[ Edited ]

Thank you everyone who said such lovely things.  Very heartwarming. I am starting to accept the loss now a bit better.  Your kind words filled my ❤️.

Respected Contributor

I am so sorry, I know how you feel I have lost 3 cockatial's my first at only 1 year, my second 14 and my 3rd at 16 years. That is a long time to have a cherished friend and lose them. Right now I have 2 Conures that are 24 years old and I am trying to prepare myself for the inevitable. I love them so much and can't imagine my live without them. Bless you. I am 59 now and even though I love my birds so much, I am not getting anymore because I am afraid I will die before they do. I have 2 others an African Gray who is 14 and a red bellied parrot who is 17. Again, I am sorry and absolutely can relate to your loss. 

Respected Contributor

Re: My tial 25 years old is gone...😪

I am so sorry, I know how you feel I have lost 3 tial's my first at only 1 year, my second 14 and my 3rd at 16 years. That is a long time to have a cherished friend and lose them. Right now I have 2 Conures that are 24 years old and I am trying to prepare myself for the inevitable. I love them so much and can't imagine my live without them. Bless you. I am 59 now and even though I love my birds so much, I am not getting anymore because I am afraid I will die before they do. I have 2 others an African Gray who is 14 and a red bellied parrot who is 17. Again, I am sorry and absolutely can relate to your loss. 

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I bought him as a baby.....25 years ago.  I am heart broken.  I am not going to go into detail about how he died as I am still too upset over losing him.  Thanks for listening.  I just needed to say something.

This is VERY sad.  I have a 27 yr. old tiel.  He's the surviving male of a breeding pair.  His companion died 3 years ago.  Birds are such loving, fragile little creatures.  I FEEL YOUR PAIN.  I know that heartache.

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss.

Heart

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden I am so very sorry for your loss. I lost my cockatiel and Senegal after having them for a very long time as well. I still cry thinking about them.  My Senegal called me mommy. Oh how I wish I could hear him say that again.

May you find peace in the mountain of memories you hold in your heart. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Honored Contributor

@SandPiper wrote:

@SeaMaiden I am so very sorry for your loss. I lost my cockatiel and Senegal after having them for a very long time as well. I still cry thinking about them.  My Senegal called me mommy. Oh how I wish I could hear him say that again.

May you find peace in the mountain of memories you hold in your heart. 

@SandPiper Thank you.

Super Contributor

Seamaiden, I am so so sorry for your loss.  Having a pet for 25 years is a long time! Losing them is so heartbreaking.  I am sure you feel empty inside.  Take time to grieve and hope good memories lessen your pain in the days ahead.