Trusted Contributor

My Cat's Last Will and Testament

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

Re: My Cat's Last Will and Testament

@wismiss - This is so heartwarming! And those of us who are lucky enough to have that love in our lives know this is just how our kitties feel!  Heart

Honored Contributor

Oh, how loving and sweet ......   Heart  Heart   Heart

Honored Contributor

That's a nice way to think of itSmiley HappyHeart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

How sweet and touching.  And true.  When our kitty Lily passed, we thought our days with a kitty were over.  We are up in years, but our children told us they would take in a pet if we adopted another and couldn’t care for it.  They are all big time animal lovers!  

So I fell in love with Winston from his online picture from the shelter.  We opened our hearts again and are rewarded each and every day.  Winston was found on city streets, and he’s now living the good life.

Respected Contributor

Many years ago when my final cat of my original 5 passed I swore, no more cats. That didn't last long. I have 2 from a shelter and one from my sister's feral colony. I don't know what I would do without them . They make me laugh everyday and are great company. 

Respected Contributor

@wismiss  Thank you for posting this.  Five days ago,  our sweet little girl, Squeaks passed.  She was a stray who landed on the back deck about 8 years ago.  Never knew how old she was then, but it didn't matter.  She filled our hearts with love, companionship and fun.  She will always be remembered and in our hearts forever.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Esteemed Contributor

@ciao_bella, I am so sorry for the loss of your precious kitty.

I am sure you gave Squeaks a wonderful home.  You can bet she is in heaven now, making many new friends.  It is so tough to say good-bye, I do know.  Sending you a hug.

Respected Contributor

@ciao_bella , so sorry for the loss of your kitty, Squeaks. Thanks for taking her in and  that she lived the good life.

Respected Contributor

@wismiss 

Geez, if this poem doesn't touch a person's soul, I don't know what does.  That's so well written & meaningful.  Heart

Thanks for sharing.