Respected Contributor

@Katcat1, if the RR food doesn't work out and if there is a PetSmart in your area, check there, they carry a bunch of ProPlan varieties. The food my cat finally chose to eat is ProPlan chicken. Mine also likes a Purina One flavor. 

Best wishes to you and Ava. I know how distressing it is when your kitty won't eat.

Honored Contributor

Re: My Cat is Sick

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1I came back to the thread because I wondered how Ava was doing. That's such a cute name for a cat. I'm glad she's doing better.

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 So glad to hear that the vet found nothing significant in her blood tests, I will continue to send prayers for you both and pray that things continue to be brighter.  How are you doing, are you taking care of yourself too/

Honored Contributor

@nomless,   I am such a dope.  I was sitting her thinking.  When I changed Ava's food 2 weeks ago to indoor, after 2 weeks, her eyes cleared up.  They use to tear sometimes and I never knew what was wrong but she was on the new food her eyes cleared up and I noticed it immediately but just put the two together.  So I am wondering what is she allergic to in her food?  My vet told me about Pro Plan and I am going to Purina.com to read about it.  I wanted to buy a dry food for a sensitive stomatch.  I bought a salmon & brown rice food (added a small amount to her current food) and when she smelled that in her food, she would not eat it.  I think the best for Ava is the senstive stomach or easy digestion. Thanks for caring.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@CareBears,  Thanks for caring.  I am going to look into a sensitive stomach or digestion food.  Looking at Pro Plan as my vet suggested it.  I went to two places today and neither one had it so I'll be back out tomorrow.  Ava is very small now and I want her to gain 1/2 lbs.  Light as a feather.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 So glad Ava is doing well now. I understand how upset you were...I go out of my mind when my pets aren't well.  By the way...my sweet granddaughter's name is Ava.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@MoJoV,  Ava is such a pretty name.  I have to admit I named her Ava because she was a beautiful looking kitten.  She has a certain color gray on her ears and paws and the rest of her is taupe with a vanilla belly.  Aqua eyes.  She does not have a mean bone in her body.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Re: My Cat is Sick

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1, how cool you have figured out that Ava might have a food allergy. I hope you can figure out what the problem ingredients are. Lots of good wishes to you as you research and try new foods.  It would be so much easier if our kitties could talk to us!

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@nomless,   I am such a dope.  I was sitting her thinking.  When I changed Ava's food 2 weeks ago to indoor, after 2 weeks, her eyes cleared up.  They use to tear sometimes and I never knew what was wrong but she was on the new food her eyes cleared up and I noticed it immediately but just put the two together.  So I am wondering what is she allergic to in her food?  My vet told me about Pro Plan and I am going to Purina.com to read about it.  I wanted to buy a dry food for a sensitive stomatch.  I bought a salmon & brown rice food (added a small amount to her current food) and when she smelled that in her food, she would not eat it.  I think the best for Ava is the senstive stomach or easy digestion. Thanks for caring.

@Katcat1 I know you're looking for a food for sensitive stomachs, but wanted to give you my friend's experience.  She has a cat who was throwing up frequently.  She tried several different kinds of foods.  Finally she tried a prescription duck and pea food, and he stopped throwing up as much--only very occasionally.  The prescription food was extremely expensive, and she said it smelled terrible.  She found Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Green Pea and Duck Food.  It has helped her cat tremendously.  It might be worth a try.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau