Respected Contributor

@Katcat1I'm sorry little Ava is not feeling well.  It just makes you feel so helpless.  Please keep us updated.  Hope you and Ava have a good evening.

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1, you're doing all the right things for your Ava...prayers for her restored health coming from one cat lovers' home to another.  Before you know it, you'll have a course of action for her from the vet. Snuggle together tonight and please keep us posted! Heart

Honored Contributor

I want to say thank you to all of you for such beautiful get well words for Ava.  I will report back tomorrow after I receive the call from the vet.  Thank you again.  It means a lot to me.  Cat Very HappyCat Wink

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 I just read this, I am so sorry that Ava is not feeling well, I am sending healing prayers for Ava, and prayers for you both, holidng you in my heart also, it is so hard when the fur children are not feeling good!

Trusted Contributor

KatCat1 wrote:

The vet examined her thoroughly.  I was quite impressed with the exam.  She said that physically Ava looks good.  She did draw blood and I will find out tomorrow the results.  The dr. mentioned food allergies too.  Two weeks ago, I changed her food.  Not the brand but gave her the indoor cat food.  The dr. said no and to get her back on her adult chicken food dry.  The dr. said that indoor means more fiber and Ava does not need that.  I will let you know tomorrow once I get the results from the blood tests.  Ava was as quiet as a mouse.  Not one meow out of her.  Actually, she was scared so that is why she was quiet.

@Katcat1, sending you a prayer for Ava.  It is so upsetting to see one of our furbabies sick.

Hopefully, the blood tests will come back showing that all is good and it could be that it was just the changing of the food. Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

Hi Ladies,  The vet called and everything is fine.  All the organs are working.  I have to watch her in the next 2 weeks to see if there is change.  It's so difficult to try different flavor foods as dry food does not come in small pouches and Ava is difficult to please food wise.  However, I will try other dry food and I do have one can of wet food I purchased.  Ava is sleeping now.  The vet said it could possibly be a gastro intestional problem too which does not show up in the blood test,  I am so relieved that none of her organs are involved.  Thank you all again.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1

I  just read this thread....am so happy your kitty is  OK thus far, and nothing serious was detected.  Please keep us posted!😊

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1  This is great news!  I hope she'll start eating now.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1, so glad Ava's doctor called with good news! I hope you'll find a food she likes! Good info on this thread. My cats are picky eaters, too.

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1, My prayers are with Ava. Hope it’s nothing serious. Sending you (((HUGS)))