Esteemed Contributor

My Cat Won't Leave Me Alone!

My cat Cody has been lovey-dovey all day.

Wherever I go, he follows.

If I sit, he has to be in my lap.

I think he knows that I've been feeling depressed lately, and he's trying to cheer me up.

I love him, and it does help to pet him.

IMG_20190925_190717.jpg

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Cat Won't Leave Me Alone!

What a sweet, handsome Cody is! I bet he is trying to cheer you up. 

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 -

I think they do know.

My cat did the same especially when I would crySmiley HappyHeart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous032819 

Oh my cat is doing the same ...and he's never this friendly! And wants attention every minute!

I'm sure animals sense our disposition more than humans!  My cat who usually could care less is every minute under my feet -- today I almost tripped over him🙄.

It took a pandemic for him to be "friendly" he's been with us 11 years🙄🤷‍♀️ haha

(Now I hope my spouse doesn't want the same after 24/7 quarantine ...🤣🤣🤣)

Valued Contributor

What a handsome boy!  I have a beautiful black cat too.  He's affectionate and sweet, sitting right on top of the sofa with us right now.  He does seem to know when one of us is feeling down and will be even more loving.

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819  Take in his love and love him back  -- it's the best healer.  He is quite handsome.  Happy wishes coming your way. Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Cody is beautifu! And they can sense when we're upset. I've known that since I was a teenager. When I was going through the years of "He asked someone else out" or other things that would make me fling myself on my bed and sob, our normally aloof kitty would jump up and rub against my face.  If I sat up she would curl up in my lap, wiggle and purr. How can you not feel better after that? 

This quarantine has allowed me more time home with ours, and although they kind of look at us once in a while and say, "It's nap time. Why are you all still moving around?" it's great being around them all of the time! 

I hope you feel better. There are a lot of caring people here on the forums that are here for you. This is not infinite - there will be an end to it. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

He probably senses that you're not your usual self.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

What a handsome cat Cody is!!!  Schatzi says "Hi" to Cody and says she wishes they could get together to play with a ball of yarn. 

I do think cats and dogs can sense their people's moods and when their people need special attention.  They are a part of our family and definitely have a place in our hearts.   

I don't know about you, but I have to switch the channels when the SPCA has their commercials.  It is just so sad.  I want to help all those poor animals, but know I can't.  All I can do is drop a bag of food in our local shelter's box at the grocery store once in a while, and have put our local shelter in my will.  And, give my Schatzi all the love and care she deserves.102_0554 (2).JPG

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

I'm certain cats and dogs (and other pets) sense our feelings and act accordingly.  Animals are so much more empathetic than some people give them credit for.

I cannot imagine a life without my cats.

@Anonymous032819- Enjoy all that attention from Cody!  Smiley Happy