Esteemed Contributor

My cat Christie, who is 16 years old, snores.

It's kinda funny to hear her snore.

Do any of your pets snore?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Valued Contributor

One snores and the other has kitty mares.  

Trusted Contributor

My Husband snored, after he passed away, Melvin my cat took over for him.

I loved to listen to him....

Super Contributor

My sweet little Shih Tzu is such a little lady.  Eats her food slowly, doesn't want to get her feet wet, you get the idea.  When she sleeps, it's a different story!  Her snores can 'wake the dead'!  Sometimes at night I have to wake her up in order to have a chance to get to sleep before she starts in again! LOL

Valued Contributor

If you search cat snores on Instagram you'll find hundreds of short videos of cats snoring. Some owners even amplify the snores with microphones. Endlessly entertaining...... especially if you're easily entertained like me!

Respected Contributor

My 3 year old kitty snores and he sleeps on his pillow right next to my head. I do the same to him as I did with my ex, I poke him (not hard) so he stops for a bit.

Honored Contributor

My dog and my DH both snore; not every night, but yes, they snore. It keeps me awake so I move to the guest room to sleep. 

Super Contributor

@Anonymous032819My 11 year old large Tabby cat also snores really loudly mostly during the Spring & Fall Allergy Season.. I asked my Vet about it during his recent annual exam & she said it was due partly because of his smallish nostrals, but more importanly because of seasonal allergies. She prescribed 1/4 tablet of Cetirizine generic Zyrtec OTC in a pill pocket daily & Voila...No more snoring!

Make sure to ASK YOUR VET Before you give any animal medicine, but this has really been a game changer for my Sammy. Since I also take 1/2 pill of Cetrizine daily, I always have the other 1/2 to cut into 1/4 & it's way cheaper than RX meds.

Good-luck & hope this information helps your cat to stop snoring!

Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 Glad that Christie can continue to entertain even while asleep.  My west highland, he is 15, also snores and chases squirrels in his sleep.

Respected Contributor

One of my cats, Spike, is about 16-17 years old, a bit overweight and he sometimes snores. But he's never slept with me when I'm sleeping so it's okay.

Charlie doesn't snore at all. Thankfully.