Regular Contributor

So very happy to hear your baby is back with you.  God bless you both!

Trusted Contributor

Prayers answered! So happy for you and Bootsy! I am sure she is happy to be back home! 

Honored Contributor

@Scooty 

So ....  has the little rascal given you any indication as to what she was up to?  Is she talking about her  so-called "adventure"?  Cat Wink

I hope she is spayed, lol.  

Coming home tonight, my Bogey heard me coming and was right by the door, and dashed out the instant I had the key in the lock and was pushing the door open!   Didn't see that one coming.

Didn't get away, but I thought of Bootsy immediately ....

Regular Contributor

Hi everyone.   I have been wiped out with this experience of Bootsy missing and I needed a break from posting,  Bootsy is absolutely fine.  She did lose weight but she's eating and drinking, sleeping a whole lot and being a love bug.  She refuses to talk about her adventure.

I've been thinking about the afternoon that I finally found her.  The landscapers had come for the spring clean-up.  There about 8;guys with leaf blowers and lawn mowers.  The noise is deafening and of course I'm thinking Bootsy must be terrified,  When they left I made myself a cup of tea and went to sit in the living room.  I just glanced out the back door.  I was feet away from the door but for a second I looked and I saw something.  So I went to take a close look and nothing.  I wasn't even sure what I had seen but then I saw the homeless kitty at my neighbor's porch looking into the lattice work.  So I got my coat and went out trying to not get my hopes up.  It took about ten minutes of me calling Bootsy and getting on my hands and knees trying to see something,  And then she showed her face.  It took over an hour to get her out of there cause she was so scared.  
So my thoughts have been what made me get a cup of tea and glance out the door at that moment, and it was just a moment.  I believe it was the answer to my prayers and all of your prayers. 

All your good wishes have overwhelmed me.  Even here in my community, when I posted on Facebook that I found Bootsy the responses were amazing.  I found out yesterday that neighbors were calling each other to get the word out.  Just amazing!

Thanks so much everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

@Scooty 

Somehow ended up on your original post about Bootsy getting out. Was going to tell you the story of the one laying on my lap as I type this. Will try to make it short.

Of our 1 time home of 13 Indoor Only Cats, we are now down to 2. The youngest of the once not with us any more was 16 when he died(euthanized because of blood clot). Our oldest now is close to 21 years old, and we give her IV Drip Fluids every other day.

The one on my lap, Jasper? Him and his brother got out because of my negligence. Looked and looked for over a month, and finally gave up.

This is very hard to believe. I might my wife was looking out your deck, where she puts food for fox/ raccoons/possum or whatever. She thought she saw a black cat, which many ours were including Jasper.

So I put canned cat food out for days hoping to see this cat in daylight. Low and behold I saw him, but when he saw me he ran. I decided to put out our Humane Trap with food in it, but set it so the trap would not shut on him. Each day I moved the food bowl a little closer to the latch that snaps the door shut.

This is the way I have trapped many of the hard-to-get cats of the many I have needed to trap. I watched him come during the day, and still wasn't 100% he was our black cat. After aboutb10 days, and seeing him go all the way in to eat the food, I set the trap. Aha, I caught him.

He was about 6 months old when he got away with his brother. This is the psrt that is hard to believe. Jasper had been gone for 13 months! I immediately took him to our vet to make sure did not have feline leukemia or any other contagious killer of cats, he did not.

When I brought him home from the vet in his carrier and opened it in are patio room. I figured he would zoom down our basement steps or other place to hide. No, he immediate started rubbing against my leg, and when I sat down? Jumped right up onto my lap. After 13 months, he remembered his way home, and he doesn't even try get close to any outside doors, he loves the indoors now.

Long story that I wouldn't believed if I hadn't experienced it. Jasper is after his 13 months of roaming who knows where. His brother? Unfortunately did not stick with Jasper.

I am happy to see your Bootsy ❤ is back home with you where she belongs. Give her a hug from me and Jasper.  

=^..^=

hckynut(john)  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@Scooty, I am so happy for you! You tell Bootsy we will have no more escape adventures.

Respected Contributor

@Scooty I am so happy to hear that Bootsy is back home with you!  The best news.  That's an interesting story of how you happened to be aware at just the right time, that the stray cat was helpful at just the right time, etc.  Thank goodness you followed your instincts and then were able to find him.  His coming home was meant to be, prayers answered.