Trusted Contributor

My Beloved Calico Has Crossed the Rainbow Bridge

Today, I had to euthanize my beautiful cat Kalli. I'm having a really hard time right now. I can't stop crying. I am going to miss her so much. She was 15 years old. I've had her since she was a kitten She was a gift from my brother who passed away a year after he gave her to me. 074.JPG

Honored Contributor

Re: My Beloved Calico Has Crossed the Rainbow Bridge

I'm so sorry.  There is nothing I can say that will make you feel better immediately.  It takes time.  A lot of time.  It's the worst part of giving your heart to a pet.

She is so pretty.  Heart

Honored Contributor

So very sorry.   They are always with us.  c63db5218c07fa8b0b12a39c373195da.jpg

Respected Contributor

I am so sad for you @layla2450 and can't say anything that will be of any help to you right now other than you are not alone in your grief.

You are so strong to come here and let us know your heartache and share the precious photo of your baby. Just remember all the beauty the two of you shared for all those years.

Continue to lean on your friends here and at home and take care of yourself. We're always here...

Respected Contributor

@layla2450   I'm so sorry, I know how you feel and know that it will get easier, but just thinking about my Cinder and Chloe make me tear up and it's been many months since I had to make the decision for Chloe and over a year for Cinder.  I promise it will get easier over time.  Just know that she is young again with no pain or "old age" ailments, and you gave her a wonderful life and she knew she was safe and loved.   Your brother will be there to great her and give her hugs and kisses. 

I know that all of my beloved doggies that passed before my Chloe, were there to great her and will keep each other company and show her around until I arrive. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Regular Contributor

So very sorry. It's so hard to lose our babies. I'm sure you gave her a beautiful life!

Trusted Contributor

I am so sorry about the loss of Kalli.  (I still am mourning the loss of my Hunter 11 months after I had to have him euthanized although I have since adopted two more cats. ) All of our fur children are special, but some leave a very big hole in our hearts when they are gone. Those losses are especially hard, indicative of the love and bond we shared with those special members of our " family." Please take care of yourself and know that many of us here understand your pain. ((( hugs)))

Honored Contributor

@layla2450 - Your sweet Kelli is so pretty, and I know your heart is breaking. I will tell you what I say to everyone. She left this earth feeling love. Your voice was the last she heard, your face was the last she saw, your smell was comforting to her, and your touch was with her until she went to sleep, even if your tears fell on her fur. I think all of us would be blessed to have our loved ones with us.

We have been through this so much, as everyone here has. We lost our little tortie late last year. Now we're an all-boy home.It never gets easier, but in time, someone else who needs you will find her/his way into your heart. (((HUGS)))

Respected Contributor

I am so sorry your sweet kitty has passed on.  You will grieve but that's to be expected.  Loved the picture you posted.  You were both lucky to have had each other for a long time.   My sympathy.

Esteemed Contributor

Your Kalli's beautiful! And she always will be--all because you cherished her and cared for her from the beginning until you had to set her free. She knew you loved her and by the way you speak of her and your brother, you must have a big heart.

The grief of losing a beloved cat is like no other. I recommend this short book, which helped me a lot when I lost a special cat..."Soul Comfort for Cat Lovers" by Liz Eastwood. Another is "Cat Heaven," written and illustrated by Cynthia Rylant...this one is intended for a younger audience, but it is so heartfelt and spot on about how much our cats mean to us.

Please keep reaching out to us in here and tell us more about your beloved calico when you're up to it. We are here...and the posters on this forum are wonderful.

Remember: Kelli can never leave you because she still lives on where she's always been--in your heart. Heart