Respected Contributor

Re: My Beloved Calico Has Crossed the Rainbow Bridge

Of course you're having a hard time and can't stop the tears. I've been there. I know. It will just take some time to grieve the loss.

When you're ready, acceptance will begin to set in. You'll notice you begin thinking more of the wonderful years you had together rather than the absence. You'll cherish the memories. You'll be able to smile again, thinking of her, without such heartache.

Yes, healing will begin, but there's no quick fix for a broken heart. After all,Kalli took a little piece of it with her. Give it time.Thoughts are with you. 

Trusted Contributor

@layla2450   I am so sorry about your sweet Kalli.  She certainly was a beautiful kitty.  Its never easy when our pets leave us, but your Kalli is in heaven and I truly believe that we will all be with our pets again someday.  I am sending you hugs my friend and Kalli knows that you loved her very much.  

Honored Contributor

@layla2450   She is a beauty.  She is in kiitty heaven now playing with other kitties.  So sorry for your loss.  I know how hard it is.

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

I/we all know how you feel here.  It's that deep sadness and sick feeling that shows how much love you have for Calico.  Time will heal, I promise, but the memories of all the years you had together will never leave you.  It's the price all us pet loves have for the years of unconditional love we were given.  Give yourself time and allow those waves of grief to come along with the smiles you have of her.  Much love and remember how lucky you both were to be together for 15 years.x

Respected Contributor

I'm so very sorry for your loss.  As a Cat Mom for decades I know how hard it is to lose them.  Sending hugs your way.  Heart

Respected Contributor

Oh, the Colours!!  She's such a Beautiful Girl.  I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend and confidant of years.  You two had each other for all her Long little life.

It's okay to cry.  Nobody knew you like Kalli did.  The thoughts and memories hurt your heart now but in time you will be able to think of them fondly.  

You did right by her.  The last thing Kalli would want is to make you unbearably sad.  She would want you to remember how much she loved being yours.

Regular Contributor

What a sweet cat. Sending condolences. You gave her a great life. 

Regular Contributor

What a sweet cat. Sending condolences. You gave her a great life. SHe had the best life because of you. 

Respected Contributor

@layla2450 

I'm so sorry your Sweet Kalli has passed.  It's always very difficult & sad when we lose one of our babies.  My heart goes out to you.  She reminds me of my Ginger (20 yrs. old) who is also a calico. 

I'm sure Kalli already is welcomed & loved by all at The Bridge that greeted her.  Know she's happy & looks down upon you with love and always will.  Your memories of Kalli will always be with you.  She thanks you for the loving home you provided.  I hope that helps you feel at peace.  Blessings being sent your way ..  Cat Very Happy  Heart

Spoiler

Spoiler

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

To ALL OF YOU who posted - THANK YOU SO MUCH for your support and responses. My BEAUTIFUL GIRL is at PEACE and is with my brother, who is wrapped in his arms, hugging and kissing her. 

059.JPG