Honored Contributor

Re: My Beanie cat died suddenly this afternoon

@jannabelle1 

so sad to read this💔

in February we went to doctor appt when we got home our poor kitty was in distress☹️☹️We had no idea what could have happened was fine when we left.

The doctor said he must have eaten a pousionous frog or bug. We always let him out on screened lanai...that day we said goodbye is still fresh in our minds 

Many 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻For you it's not easy losing our furry friends.

Esteemed Contributor

@jannabelle1 I'm so very sorry for your loss. Losing a loved pet is terrible at any time but your experience was heartbreaking. 

Sending hugs and prayers.

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 - Oh, this took me back years, when DH and I were living in England.

We had a sweet tabby cat, not even 8 years old.  I had fed her that afternoon and she was fine.  DH came home a short while later and asked what was wrong with her.  I thought "What do you mean?  She's just eaten.  She's fine."

He said she was on the upstairs landing, seeming as if she was having a fit.  I immediately dialed the local vet hospital and said we were bringing her in, but she died before we could get her there.

We had no answers.  She didn't roam and I don't think she got into anything that would've harmed her.  We never had plants that are known to be toxic to cats.  (A friend's cat ate leaves from a lily plant and they only just managed to save him.)

Our vet, who was a lovely man, said it was likely she had a heart attack, despite her relatively young age.

I absolutely understand your shock and feelings of "if only" but, truly there was nothing you could do.  All we can do is love them while we have them and keep the memories close to our hearts.  Heart