Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Beanie cat died suddenly this afternoon

Thank you again to all of you who have provided such heartwarming messages and support after my little Beanie's death. As an update, I didn't learn much from our vet when I took Beanie's body in to be taken care of. DH and I are still so very sad about losing him the way it all happened....especially seeing him in such distress. But, he's gone and we will move forward, and always remember what a sweet companion we've had for the last 11 years. He brought plenty of smiles to us over the years, and that's what is important.

Again, thank you to all of you.

Your friend, Jannabelle

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 I was hoping the vet would have a definitive answer as to what happened.

Honored Contributor

I am so very, very sorry.  Our pets are our babies and we love them.

He definitely had a reaction.  The vet may be able to tell you with a blood sample so you won't be concerned if you get another little guy.

Prayers to you both.

Esteemed Contributor

@jannabelle1  I am so sorry for your loss of beloved Beanie.  Do talk to your vet for an indication as to what may have happened.  The most important thing to remember is that he was greatly loved and you will have many happy memories of him.  Take your time to grieve and realize that it is never easy.  Do not blame yourselves.  My condolences.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

@jannabelle1 I was hoping the vet would have a definitive answer as to what happened.

I'm sorry they couldn't help you know more too @jannabelle1. DH said, from his experience, it could have been a sudden fatal convulsion. There could have been an underlying problem with his brain that caused it. 

Honored Contributor

So sorry to hear of the loss of your little one.

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1   I'm so sorry for the loss of your cat. You may never the cause, but it still stings when it happens suddenly. I know how difficult it is for both of you.Heart

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

Thank you again to all of you who have provided such heartwarming messages and support after my little Beanie's death. As an update, I didn't learn much from our vet when I took Beanie's body in to be taken care of. DH and I are still so very sad about losing him the way it all happened....especially seeing him in such distress. But, he's gone and we will move forward, and always remember what a sweet companion we've had for the last 11 years. He brought plenty of smiles to us over the years, and that's what is important.

Again, thank you to all of you.

Your friend, Jannabelle

@jannabelle1 

SO sorry about your sudden loss of little Beanie.  I would think the vet might have had an idea or two based on your description of what happened.   We always want to know everything we can do to protect our fur babies in the future.  Oh well.  

Hugs to you.

Esteemed Contributor

I am so sorry, Hugs to you and your husband. May your sweet Beanie Rest In Peace.

Respected Contributor

I'm so sorry for your loss, especially since it was so unexpected. I had an 18 year old cat so when he went into a decline, we knew what was coming. But to you have your friend taken away i such a shocking way--well, there are no words. 

Sending cyber hugs and thoughts of comfort to you. Woman Frustrated