Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Beanie cat died suddenly this afternoon

Thank you to all of you for your kind and comforting messages....I can't tell you how much I appreciate your thoughts. I know we've all experienced the loss - it's just hard. I wish DH and I could have prepared for this, but I don't think we're ever really prepared. We will take comfort in our wonderful memories and the caring thoughts of our friends like you.

Bless you all.....

Esteemed Contributor

@jannabelle1 

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved kitty.

It sounds like heart failure, in which often a clot is thrown to the rear legs (the pain) and the racing heart. This happened to a kitty of ours...one who passed this way and another, a different way after long term treatment. Most cat owners don't learn their cats have a serious heart problem unless this happens, and they pass suddenly or within an hour or so.

I say this not to compound your pain, but to tell you that this happens and the signs are so subtle as to escape notice (as with our one cat who survived). Please in the sorrow of this do not beat yourself up in any way.  Your Beanie cat had marvelous pet parents who did and would do anything for him.

Our family's prayers for yours tonight.Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@jannabelle1  I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious Beanie.    I kniw how quickly it can happen,  and of course we  feel its our fault and we blame ourselves wondering what we could have done or not done.   It's nit your fault please don't blame yourself I've neen there and blamed myself for my sweet Bella's death ,  now reflecting back 2 yrs I realize it's not my fault it's no ones ,   It was his time and had been sick fir a time , cats hide illness very well .    Know you and your husband gave him a wonderful life and you will reunite one day .   May your pain ease and good memories of his life with you replace that grief and you find peace with it .   Blessings 🙏🏻

Trusted Contributor

@jannabelle1 

I am so sorry for your loss and this terrible experience.

Regular Contributor

Jannabelle1, I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet Beanie. I wouldn’t be able to think clearly if I encountered the situation that you did. You did all that you could under the circumstances. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Esteemed Contributor

@jannabelle1, I am so sorry to hear about your loss os sweet Beanie.  You did the best you could, but no one can save a pet when it is their time.  I know you were wonderful parents, and I am sure Beanie knew and still loves you from heaven.  Hugs for you both.

Trusted Contributor

So very sorry for your loss.

Honored Contributor

I feel so bad for your kitty passing. Please, please don't ever let your cats out. It sounds as if your kitty may have eaten a bug or something out on your patio that may have been poisionous. It's symptoms you've described sounds like it. So very sorry for you loss. My heart goes out to you. Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl - At least 3 of us "pet mothers" have lost our Lovies in the last week.

I found your comments SO helpful. We all experience sudden losses in our lives, and we can't predict how we'll respond to them. Your explanation, and the support of the compassionate vet and vet tech who helped us decide to bring Poly home and cherish her little life through its last moments.

Your words, and the words of so many others have helped me to move through very dark waters.

Again, thanks from me to all of you.

Trusted Contributor

@janabelle I am so sorry to hear about your beloved Beanie. I have not experienced this rapid decline with a pet. Keeping you in my prayers. It is such a painful loss.