Respected Contributor

My 17-year-old kitty will be at peace on February 5th

Unfortunately, since my Charlie died, the other household cat has gotten so bad. He was diagnosed with kidney disease back in late November. He's progressed so far recently. So I made an appointment to have him seen again but think it's now time. My nephew agrees. He was still living with me when I got Spike as a friend for Simon. He always called him "Cat". And then my mother decided she really liked him. So now I consider him my mother's cat. But she's almost 96 and can't take him to the vet. 

I'm going to miss him so much, especially following so close to Charlie's death.  I've been giving him treats but he only eats a couple of them now. I love you, Spike.

7.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: My 17-year-old kitty will be at peace on February 5th

[ Edited ]

@Sushismom -

It is so sad to let our loving cats and dogs, any of our precious animal friends go. Having them in our lives is so special and gives so much love.

It seems like you are a loving cat mom.I hope everyone of these days

with him will be full of love and peace for you both. Treasure these moments togetherSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

Holding your hand to help you see this through. So sorry Spike's time is at hand. You are brave to get past your feelings and give the cat a dignified, merciful end. 

It's a difficult responsibility to let our sweet pets go to the Rainbow Bridge when we know we must. I admire you and I console you. You show your love of Spike by ending his time with you so he doesn't suffer. Let us know when you've gone through with it and we will help.  

I'm sorry for your sadness. Stay strong. 

Honored Contributor

Losing our pets is so difficult even if we know it must be.  We all have experienced the loss, the process of giref and the void they leave.  I am sorry your kitty is at that stage. After the tears and sadness you will find peace of mind and know you did the best for him.

Respected Contributor

Please accept my heartfelt prayers for you and your baby.  I am shaking as I read your words.  I completely understand the saddness and wish you the best.  I have had many pets put down and it is a truly difficult thing to do. 

Honored Contributor

Our pets are our children in many ways.  I'm so very sorry.

Every animal has a place and lives in our hearts.

Heaven-Pet Loss-Everyone Welcome-Angel-Rainbow Bridge,Thinking of You card  #Ad , #AD, #Loss, #Angel, #Heaven, #Pet | Pet loss, Rainbow bridge, Greeting  card artist

Trusted Contributor

Higgs to you and Spike ❤️It is sooo hard! 

Clearly, he's had a long wonderful life, and you know when it's time. 

He'll be meeting my three girls, at the Bridge, I'm sure they'll show him the ropes 👼 

Honored Contributor

Spike is a handsome fellow.  Give him a hug for me when you tell him goodbye.  I love all kitties.

Respected Contributor

Very sorry for what you are  going thru. I've been in your position several times over the years. It's never an easy decision but the right one to make when the time comes. It shows the love you have  for him that you don't want him to suffer. He's had a wonderful life with your family and that was a great gift for you all. Take care.

Frequent Contributor

I can say I know what you are going thru.... Had to take my cat to vet two weeks ago and let him go.... his kidneys were failing.....Had him for 12 yrs..... Im still crying....Very sorry...