Honored Contributor

Mutt Mix Project

[ Edited ]

The MuttMix project is an online citizen survey hosted in conjunction with the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC).  The team is launching a “citizen science” survey.

The survey will introduce you to 31 mutts. You’ll be asked to guess the 3 breeds contributing the largest percentage of DNA for each dog.

It begins with a practice survey of just 3 dogs.  

• Only the answers to the “practice survey” will be given at this time. This is real science, and we need to be sure everyone’s giving their best guesses without influence or hints from others.
  • At the end of the research period of 60 days, each participant will be sent a certificate of participation and the answers to what makes up each of these wonderful mutts.

ETA:  Not allowed to post the link, so you'll have to do your own Google search.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach.  Please enlighten me; I can't figure out what the purpose of this survey might be.  What does guessing the breeds have to do with animal behavior?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

You'll want to read the website, @Kachina624

I'm only sharing the news in case anyone is interested.  I have no connection to the organization.  

There's more on there than can be pasted here.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.