Respected Contributor

Movie/TV Series on Pet Hoarding

AMZN Prime

Type "Animal Hoarding" in search bar.

I know there's a TV & Movies thread, but this is specifically about "pets".

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

Re: Movie/TV Series on Pet Hoarding

I saw this ... trying to see if I can get up the courage to watch ...

negative programs with animals and children are hard for

me ....

Honored Contributor

There's no way I could watch this. It would make me sick and would break my heart.

Respected Contributor

For anyone interested in psychology, there's a psychological aspect to this ... why these people hoard;  how they got the way they are.  There's an "intervention" part where friends & family meet w/ a therapist.  One girl's husband was away in Afghanistan.  She ruined his house.  They confiscated all her animals, cleaned the house, replaced the carpet and the husband never knew about the disaster when he returned from overseas.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkidswrote:

There's no way I could watch this. It would make me sick and would break my heart.

@Love my grandkids

100:heart's if I could.

I just can't watch this stuff, online or on the news, including what happens to poor dogs 'overseas', a lot of them stolen pets, with collars and names and a grieving family missing them.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@RinaRinawrote:

For anyone interested in psychology, there's a psychological aspect to this ... why these people hoard;  how they got the way they are.  There's an "intervention" part where friends & family meet w/ a therapist.  One girl's husband was away in Afghanistan.  She ruined his house.  They confiscated all her animals, cleaned the house, replaced the carpet and the husband never knew about the disaster when he returned from overseas.

@RinaRina

But did they help her seek help for this psychological problem she has, to hoard (and usually abuse in the process of hoarding) or just hide it from her husband?

Without treatment, her problem is still there. It will surface again in one way or another. 

JMO.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@RinaRinawrote:

This woman needs long term therapy.  IMO the husband should know about it to watch for signs of something like this happening again.  I could never watch this show.  I don't like to see anything bad about animals.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Same for me @Big Joanie

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkidswrote:

Yep.  I thought "hoarding" simply meant too many pets, but NOT this kind of pathological behavior.  After awhile, it just go too nasty. 

I had to stop watching.

Honored Contributor

Watching hoarding shows with humans is bad enough. I DO understand the mental illness part of hoarding but I still won't watch animal hoarding.

That's just plain animal abuse, no matter how "well intentioned" the hoarders are. Makes me sick.