Respected Contributor

Mountain lion in our fishing/kayaking spot!

Honored Contributor

Re: Mountain lion in our fishing/kayaking spot!

[ Edited ]

Be careful!

I just saw a video of a mountain lion killing a family cat in their driveway, very heartbreaking and disturbing.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Regular Contributor

Whoa!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

..I know, happens all the time where I live,my cats stay indoors..

Super Contributor

Wow.  As lifelong Midwesterners, our family moved to California a few years ago.  We were only there for 2 months when I went for an evening walk around our neighborhood (it was dark as it was autumn), when I heard a bunch of noise like snapping branches in the trees off in the distance.  Then I heard crunching that was coming closer and closer to me.  I was coming to an illuminated corner of a street and I looked across at the noise and it was a big mountain lion.  I was never so scared or shocked! Thank goodness it was looking in a different direction and I don't know if it ever saw me.  I was never so happy to get home and I never went walking after dark and had to find a hiking group to hike in the hills.  We are back in Wisconsin now, but, oh the adventures we had there!

Trusted Contributor

Wow!!!

Respected Contributor

Beautiful!  Remember whose fishing spot  it really is.

Respected Contributor

@mam2fourboysI'll bet it did see you. How could it not if you were illuminated?  It just had it's own plans for the evening. Must have been some beautiful views on your hikesin the California hills!