Honored Contributor

More Hills Prescription Diet Recalls

Dear Fellow Dog Lover,

Because you signed up on our website and asked to be notified, I'm sending you this special recall alert. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please click the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of this message.

Hill's Pet Nutrition is expanding its recent recall to include one lot of its Prescription Diet dog food due to elevated levels of vitamin D.

Very high levels of vitamin D can lead to serious health issues in dogs, including kidney dysfunction.

To learn which products are affected, please visit the following link:

Hill's Prescription Diet and Science Diet Dog Food Recall Expands

Important Best Dry Dog Foods Update

We've recently updated our Best Dry Dog Foods page. Here are 7 of The Advisor's Top 25 Best Dry Dog Foods for May 2019:

• Instinct Original Dry Dog Food
  • Wellness Complete Health Dry Dog Food
  • Dr. Tim's Dry Dog Food
  • Taste of the Wild Dry Dog Food
  • Victor Classic Dry Dog Food
  • Nulo Freestyle Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
  • Canidae Grain-Free Pure Dry Dog Food

Please feel free to share this recall alert with other pet owners.

Mike Sagman, Editor
The Dog Food Advisor

P.S. Not already on our dog food recall notification list? Sign up to get critical dog food recall alerts by email. There's no cost for this service. No spam. Cancel anytime.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

Re: More Hills Prescription Diet Recalls

@NickNack 

Thank you for posting this.

Luckily DH feeds our dog Blue Buffalo.  I hope HSD gets their act together very soon to correct whatever the cause of these recalls are.

I feed my 2 kitties their Sensitive skin & stomach food which they love, so I hope nothing goes wrong with this food.

How're your Sweet kids, Henry & Frankie doing?  I hope all is well with them.

Honored Contributor

@ScenicMaine   Thanks for asking about Henry and Frankie.  Frankie is lying right beside me, and Henry is enjoying the morning on my screened in porch.  They are both such sweet babies.Heart

I need to take some new pictures of them and post them.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Why do vets sell this food?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@goldensrbest   I don't understand it either.  They are so smart.  I don't understand how they can fall for the spiel from the Hills reps.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@goldensrbest   I don't understand it either.  They are so smart.  I don't understand how they can fall for the spiel from the Hills reps.

I wonder what they get for selling it? I think i will ask my vet this question next time ,i really think it is practically , criminal,they sell this.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack 

Cat Very HappyHeart

I'm so glad all is well & they're both living "the life of leisure."  Sounds like Mr. Frankie enjoys cuddling with Mom.

EDIT:  @NickNack 

My apologies, it came to me after I was out today that I should have said "Miss" Frankie.

And, yes, all of us in this forum would love to see more pics of both Frankie & Henry.  They're such little sweeties.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

I wonder what they get for selling it? I think i will ask my vet this question next time ,i really think it is practically , criminal,they sell this.

I've read several articles saying that the vet's get a portion of the sales.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@goldensrbest   I just Googled this.  Vets set their own price on the food that they sell, so what they make is based on that.  I don't think they get paid by Hills to sell their prescription diet.

-Henry David Thoreau