Super Contributor

Re: Missing my Boston Terriers

My condolences! I just lost my beloved cavalier King Charles spaniel  Reggie last night.... he was diagnosed with chf in April. At that time, I researched cavalier breeders and long story short , we brought home our Penny the end of August. I knew I wanted another dog and I knew Reggies time was coming to and end. I'm sitting here crying as I write this, but she enhanced Reggie last few months by bringing out the puppy again in him. We are devastated at our loss, but are so happy to have our new fur baby with us. Best of luck to you,

Super Contributor

Knit127 ... I'm so sorry to hear about your losses ... sending prayers and condolences. My husband and I have had many dogs throughout our 30 years together. I've loved them all and been devastated every time we lost one ... but losing our BT in 2014 really hit me the hardest. They are, indeed, very special dogs.

Like you, I couldn't find any breeders close to me. I found some online that are AKC Breeders of Merit and bookmarked their sites ... but litters with available puppies are really hard to come by. I also kept checking local shelters and rescue groups online and we adopted a 4 year old BT last April from a TX shelter. He's a great boy - a typical BT - and we can't imagine why anyone would get rid of him. He fit right in with our 3 other dogs ... as you can see below.

So, don't give up your search ... your next baby is out there waiting for you.

13aug2016 014.JPG

Honored Contributor

@Mermaid22 wrote:

My condolences! I just lost my beloved cavalier King Charles spaniel  Reggie last night.... he was diagnosed with chf in April. At that time, I researched cavalier breeders and long story short , we brought home our Penny the end of August. I knew I wanted another dog and I knew Reggies time was coming to and end. I'm sitting here crying as I write this, but she enhanced Reggie last few months by bringing out the puppy again in him. We are devastated at our loss, but are so happy to have our new fur baby with us. Best of luck to you,

@Mermaid22  I am so sorry for the loss of your Cavalier, Reggie.  I've had five Cavaliers through the years and know what a wonderful breed they are.  I'm glad you were able to find Penny.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you so much Nick Nack for your kind thoughts, it has been a difficult day.❤️

Respected Contributor

@Knit127. I'm so sorry for your loss.  After I lost my 12 1/2 year old pug, I started looking for a breeder to get another pug.  It took over 6 months, but I now have my new baby at home.  My home was so empty without a pug and I am so happy to have sweet Pandora.  I know you'll find another fur baby soon.

New Contributor

Thank you, all, for your kind words.  I knew the wonderful people here would understand the emptiness we feel.   I've been checking breeders within a 100 mile radius and coming up empty.  I have considered older pups, but none available now.   I have had a few offers from people willing to ship, but that's a red flag to me.  Don't want a puppy mill dog.    Anyway, the search continues.  We've had Bostons for 35 years and it's very lonely without them.   -- Ann

Esteemed Contributor

@Knit127, we had two Boston Terriers,Ike and Sydni.  They've been gone a few years and I still cry when thinking of them.  We found Ike in a local shelter. Unbelievable, I know. He was purebred and a loving ball of energy. And Sydni was a friend of a friends. She became the love of my life. I had such fun with them and felt so great walking them. I could go on and on...but you know. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth