Occasional Contributor

Missing Rescue Dog In Hooks, TX

A Cane Corso rescue transported a dog to a new owner yesterday and during a potty stop in Hooks, TX the dog got loose from the new owner. The new owner and the rescue group are doing everything they can to find the dog, but I figured I'd mention it here in case anyone lives in the area ... the more eyes the better.

The dog is a Cane Corso (Mastiff) and the rescue group is Must Love Corsos Rescue. Here is a picture of the missing dog during transport. She was still wearing the collar, harness and two leashes when she ran off. Please share if you know anyone in that area.

missing cc.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: Missing Rescue Dog In Hooks, TX

The first thing you learn in rescue is to put an ID tag on the dog the minute you take possession of it.  So often they're scared, manage to wriggle free and take off.  I had it happen but fortunately the dog came to me when I called it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

Re: Missing Rescue Dog In Hooks, TX

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

The first thing you learn in rescue is to put an ID tag on the dog the minute you take possession of it.  So often they're scared, manage to wriggle free and take off.  I had it happen but fortunately the dog came to me when I called it. 

Since this happened during the final stage of multi-state transport ... the dog doesn't know the new owner or area, so they weren't surprised they didn't have much luck calling for her. They got a recording of the foster mom calling for the dog last night and have started playing that in the area. Since neither the new owner or anyone with the rescue lives in the area, they are using a professional trapper to try and find/capture her. The dog is microchipped by the rescue, so if someone catches her and scans, the rescue can be notified.