Esteemed Contributor

Re: Miss Petunia is in BIG trouble!!!

@Kachina624  I am paranoiid about those claws and my leg.  Even with pants she can get you.  DD's legs are proof.  I always keep either a long heavy robe or heavy throw on when she's running near me.  DD is her human scratching post of choice but not taking any chances.

Esteemed Contributor

When I had my knee done I always had a pillow over it even when icing just in case one of my little munchkins decided to run across the bed and use me as a landing post. They came close a couple of time and got used to the pillow being there. Just until you feel comfortable with your new knee. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2.   The danger is not just getting a cat scratch on your knee but in getting one anywhere on your leg.  It could become infected and spread to your knee, which would be a disaster.  Cat Scratch Fever can be very serious.  I had a friend who ended up in the hospital with it.  Find some kind of loose pants that will cover your legs.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

@Kachina624is spot on.  Not only that -- any scratch anywhere on your body that breaks the skin and/or draws blood can easily lead to a bacterial infection that zooms directly to your new implant ... and can result in them having to take it out, clean it, then put it back in.

Not to be a party pooper on the Petunia fun, but you've got to protect that implant forever, even when the incision is healed.  So keep her claws trimmed and for goodness' sake, don't you do that ever again....have someone else do it! 

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   Maybe your daughter should take Petunia to the Vet and have her nails trimmed.  It would probably help a lot.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack  Miss Petunia has an appointment Monday so we will have her talons clipped then.

Respected Contributor

Hi Retired,

She can't be bothered to watch what she's doing, she's persnickety Petunia...the 4 lb wrecking ball of fluff....so cute - an extra dose of cute was given to her to keep you from wanting to call it quits!

She is a kiddencat with a wicked sense of humor that's for sure....and I LOVE HER to kibbles n bits!

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

No doubt you know, but the rule with cats is ‘put anything you LOVE on the floor until, they pass the flying stage / if they ever do.’

@NickNack 

Kisses to Henry.

The Pugel’s  Name  is Albert = Bertie.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras