Esteemed Contributor

Miss Petunia is in BIG trouble!!!

At 6:00 this morning DD was in the shower and I was icing my new knee.  Petunia was supposed to be eating in the kitchen.  We heard a crash and she came tearing in the LR like the devil had her tail. Of course, she had that "it wasn't me" look.

She jumped on a shelf and knocked off 2 Rachel Ray 10 oz. ramekins.  Was a set of 4, now 2.  Smashed to smithereens. They have survived 3 cats.  Until little P.    Petunia the 4 lb. wrecking ball.

It is a good thing she's cute.  I love her to death but my throbbing knee is not helping my mood.

Henry may have his paws full with my girl.

Honored Contributor

Re: Miss Petunia is in BIG trouble!!!

Whew!

I was afraid you were gonna say that Miss P went running across your new knee.....ouch!

At least the ramekins can be replaced!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

She's just testing you, to see how quick your response time is.  LOL

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   Oh, I remember those days well.  It's funny you would say this, because I used to call my former cat, Zoe, a 2-lb wrecking ball.  One morning when I was getting ready for work, she brought down an entire 3 shelf metal unit filled with African violets.  The whole thing landed on the dining room table.  Dirt and plants everywhere.  Needless to say I was late for work that day.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

She is a little spitfire!  I'm glad it was the ramekins and not your knee.  I hope you didn't try to get up to see what happened.  Henry says she will calm down.  He did.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal  She's in luck because my response time is 0.

@2blonde  Oh geez, I bet that was a mess. 

Esteemed Contributor

My knee is always covered.  It has a 12" strip down the incision and on top of that is a microfiber cloth with a zip lock gallon bag of ice on it. Even with her Ginsu claws she couldn't go thru that.  I always keep a throw near by if the icing is done. I am not taking any chances.  

The long strip comes off in 3 days. There is no way she is going to be allowed see those shiny staples going down my leg.

Respected Contributor

Oh, boy, I think I have Petunia's brother. His name is Stormy. I have a loft in my townhouse and it has shelves running a foot or so below the ceiling. I also have an armour with one of those big OLD televisions in it. He jumped from a chair, up on to the armour and from their, he jumped up on that shelving which has all kinds of knick knacks on it. Thank goodness I keep a ladder nearby. Somehow, he only broke one item which I really loved. It was a large metal grasshopper that he knocked off and the legs broke when they hit the ground. He still gives it the eye. BTW, that's where I put my little Christmas tree, so wish me luck. Hoping you feel better soon. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Valued Contributor

Oh my.  I know this is about Petunia and I am really not trying to hijack your post but she and my Chloe could be twins.  I have been married for 43 years and only once had a Christmas tree topple and that is when our big dog chased a cat under it, until now.  The tree isn't even decorated yet and I had to pick it up off of the floor this morning.  As soon as I heard the crash I knew what happened and who caused it.  Miss Mayhem.  Funny/not funny.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2.   The danger is not just getting a cat scratch on your knee but in getting one anywhere on your leg.  It could become infected and spread to your knee, which would be a disaster.  Cat Scratch Fever can be very serious.  I had a friend who ended up in the hospital with it.  Find some kind of loose pants that will cover your legs.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment